State of the Map Asia 2023 Call for Venues now open!

State of the Map Asia 2023 / Call for venues Open!!!
Please use this thread to ask any questions / clarifications :smiley:

Key dates

• Submit your proposal by: 31 May 2023
  • Announcement of venue: on or before 14 June 2023

Criteria and submission of bids

Criteria and submission of bid via: State of the Map Asia 2023/Call for venues - OpenStreetMap Wiki

Questions

Please use this thread to ask any questions / clarifications :smiley:

Help us promote the Call!

Please help us spread this call! You may use the poster (and this shorter link to the OSM Wiki) :smiley:
Short link: tinyurl.com/SOTMAsia2023Venue

1 Like

Help us promote the Call!

Please help us spread this call! You may use the poster (and this shorter link to the OSM Wiki) :smiley:
Short link: tinyurl.com/SOTMAsia2023Venue

1 Like

Excuse me…
Where can I learn the most about the progress of the SotM Asia 2023 event?
Is it only through piecemeal news?
Is there any place that aggregates related news?

1 Like

We’ve used this thread before (now archived so not sure if you will see it): https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/a-post-in-discussion-state-of-the-map-asia-2023-requires-staff-attention/98915

We are also working on documenting and putting the previous notes and meetings thru the discussion page of the sotm asia 2023 call for venues osm wiki.

For announcements, we’ll post here using the asia and sotm-asia tags, crosspost OSM Asia telegram, and post in the SotM Asia accouny in twitter/facebook

1 Like

Thank you.
I’m just curious about the progress.
I would like to share the progress of the SotM Asia event so that even those who are not familiar with it may be interested.

Update: We have added the meeting notes in the discussion page of the osm wiki: Talk:State of the Map Asia 2023/Call for venues - OpenStreetMap Wiki :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for your kindness.
SotM

State of the Map Asia 2023 | Call for Venues ends tomorrow! 1 day left to submit your proposals! For those who already submitted, stay tuned for the announcement of selected venue on or before June 14.

SotM Asia 2023 UPDATE_31 May 2023

1. We have 1 bid (Bangkok, Thailand) for SotM Asia 2023! :smiley: State of the Map Asia 2023/Call for venues - OpenStreetMap Wiki

2. The review team met today to discuss about evaluation and timelines.

We plan to have a call on June 12, 10:00 UTC / 18:00 PH time to announce winning bid + recruitment of support from global team.

osmcal.org details is here or send me a message if you want to be added to the calendar invite. Thank you!

State of the Map Asia 2023 | Call for Venues CLOSED! Thank you very much for bidding!
Announcement of venue will be done via call* on June 12 at 10:00 UTC.

Everyone is invited to join: https://osmcal.org/event/2134/
*Call platform and dial-in details to follow

This thread at the request of the originator is officially closed to further comments and archived.