Call for Volunteers and Campaigners: Help us grow and diversify OSMF membership

This is great, I’m interested. Happy to help out in whatever way I can.

Kindly interested

Hi community, I am greatly humbled by your overwhelming response!

I have scheduled a meetup this Saturday, 3 February at 11:00 UTC.

:point_right: OSMF Membership Drive - Volunteers Meetup | OpenStreetMap Calendar
:point_right: OSMF Membership Drive - Volunteers Meetup | OpenStreetMap Calendar

Please click ATTEND and answer the sign up form so we know which role you are willing to help :slight_smile:

You can also input your email address so I can send the direct cal invite or you can click the ADD TO CALENDAR.

Important notes:

• You need to be logged in to your OSM Account to be able to answer the sign up form :slight_smile:
  • If you can’t make it, the session will be recorded and I will share it here as well as the meeting notes.

If you have any questions, please send it here! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wowww …Amazing opportunity to us…:earth_americas:

I’m interested to

Interested

Hi everyone! Thank you so so much for volunteering for the OSMF Membership Drive! I have drafted the Plan[1] in case you want to read it in advance, but don’t worry if you cannot as we will discuss it later in the meetup. So excited to see you!

[1] OSMF Membership Drive 2024 - HackMD

Sharing our group photo for the Volunteers meetup today!
More updates in the next few days!

1 Like

How do i join @arnalielsewhere

send me a message in slack / whatsapp! :slight_smile:

created a new thread to provide updates and space for feedback: UPDATES: OSMF Membership Drive Campaign 2024

Please use this from now on :slight_smile:

2nd Volunteers meetup this sat, 17 Feb at 09:00 UTC. Everyone welcome to join!

Interested to join.

1 Like

IT’S HAPPENING!

We will have the campaign launch in 12 March!

Join us for the March Volunteers Meetup this Saturday, 9 March if you want to help out! OSMF Membership Drive - March Volunteers Meetup | OpenStreetMap Calendar

See you!

Hello Dear Friend’s, i am interested to join you.

1 Like

Hi @arnalielsewhere,

Is there any way to translate pubmat to Portuguese (Brazil)? Where can I access them?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi @matheusgomesms ! Thank you for your interest to help out!!

This is a doc where all editable canva links can be accessed (no canva sign in needed): Canva Links to OSMF Posters/Pubmats etc. - Google Docs cc @Eka_Diweti thanks for preparing this!

@Cyberjuan just made on in spanish https://twitter.com/OSMLatam/status/1772323958274036054 would be great to have it in portuguese too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have used this campaign in Colombia to contact each of the possible members directly (not via groups, nor social networks posts), and I think it has had a good effect.

First, I check the list of current mappers in Colombia from ResultMaps: OSMstats - Statistics of the free wiki world map

Then, for each one I check the HDYC profile to verify if the mapper has more that 42 days in the last 365:

Finally, I contact the user by OSM messaging, Telegram or other ways, and tell him/her about the campaign, by sharing the images and the blog. I feel that Colombia has increased a lot its number of members, because many of them have confirmed me they had done the process.

5 Likes

this is awesome!! Thank you, Andres!!! We hope to provide stats of sign up’s per country with the help of Membership WG soon :slight_smile:

Done! https://twitter.com/OpenStreetMapBR/status/1777052781355897074

Translations of pubmat all done as well, both in PT and PT-BR.

1 Like