Call for Volunteers and Campaigners: Help us grow and diversify OSMF membership

Wowww ā€¦Amazing opportunity to usā€¦:earth_americas:

Iā€™m interested to

Interested

Hi everyone! Thank you so so much for volunteering for the OSMF Membership Drive! I have drafted the Plan[1] in case you want to read it in advance, but donā€™t worry if you cannot as we will discuss it later in the meetup. So excited to see you!

[1] OSMF Membership Drive 2024 - HackMD

Sharing our group photo for the Volunteers meetup today!
More updates in the next few days!

1 Like

How do i join @arnalielsewhere

send me a message in slack / whatsapp! :slight_smile:

created a new thread to provide updates and space for feedback: UPDATES: OSMF Membership Drive Campaign 2024

Please use this from now on :slight_smile:

2nd Volunteers meetup this sat, 17 Feb at 09:00 UTC. Everyone welcome to join!

Interested to join.

1 Like

ITā€™S HAPPENING!

We will have the campaign launch in 12 March!

Join us for the March Volunteers Meetup this Saturday, 9 March if you want to help out! OSMF Membership Drive - March Volunteers Meetup | OpenStreetMap Calendar

See you!

Hello Dear Friendā€™s, i am interested to join you.

1 Like

Hi @arnalielsewhere,

Is there any way to translate pubmat to Portuguese (Brazil)? Where can I access them?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi @matheusgomesms ! Thank you for your interest to help out!!

This is a doc where all editable canva links can be accessed (no canva sign in needed): Canva Links to OSMF Posters/Pubmats etc. - Google Docs cc @Eka_Diweti thanks for preparing this!

@Cyberjuan just made on in spanish https://twitter.com/OSMLatam/status/1772323958274036054 would be great to have it in portuguese too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have used this campaign in Colombia to contact each of the possible members directly (not via groups, nor social networks posts), and I think it has had a good effect.

First, I check the list of current mappers in Colombia from ResultMaps: OSMstats - Statistics of the free wiki world map

Then, for each one I check the HDYC profile to verify if the mapper has more that 42 days in the last 365:

Finally, I contact the user by OSM messaging, Telegram or other ways, and tell him/her about the campaign, by sharing the images and the blog. I feel that Colombia has increased a lot its number of members, because many of them have confirmed me they had done the process.

5 Likes

this is awesome!! Thank you, Andres!!! We hope to provide stats of sign upā€™s per country with the help of Membership WG soon :slight_smile:

Done! https://twitter.com/OpenStreetMapBR/status/1777052781355897074

Translations of pubmat all done as well, both in PT and PT-BR.

1 Like

Thank you matheus! Would you be happy to coordinate a webinar session in portuguese and/or spanish? Like what we did last month? Cc @AngocA @Cyberjuan

How would that be, Arnalie? Is there any template or something like that? Tomorrow we will have the monthly Brazilian meeting, and I could present something there.

We held english webinar last month and having the french webinar this Saturday!

Recordings of english webinar: video1873494646.mp4 - Google Drive

So essentially, the webinar will be in Spanish/Portuguese and it aims to provide awareness about the OSMF membership as well as open space for discussion on topics re membership (e.g. challenges and opportunities).

We have structured the webinar in 3 parts but ofcourse, feel free to adjust it for the context of community members in your region :slight_smile:

A. Intro to OSMF and panelist

• overview of OSMF, membership, how to join (can invite Daniela from OSMF board who is a spanish speaker)
  • Panelist to share about their OSMF experience, motivation why they joined and why should people care about joining?

B. OSMF Membership challenges and opportunities in OSMF membership

• What are the challenges and opportunities in OSMF and its membership?
  • How can we grow the OSMF membership especially in areas where there is no to little OSMF members?

C. Call to Action

• What are the strategies/ solutions - how can we make it more diverse and inclusive for people to join?
    ask people to Join - how many are willing to join right now?
  • ask for chapter/community leads to support mobilizing members

The most crucial part is to invite speakers who can be panelists. Can you help with that? Please take not of diversity of speakers (gender, geographic representation).

I hope this information is sufficient and can be of interest! :slight_smile:

1 Like