Translate button missed

Warum wird mir unter diesem Beitrag

kein translate button angezeigt

See why in here:

that’s stupid

und die mind. 20 Zeichen nerven manchmal auch 

I don’t think (and suggest to avoid calling) a plugin or their author is “stupid”, probably it’s a technical limitation or a potential improvement to check with them. The most productive way to tackle this issue is to open an issue with them here:

Das ist das gefÀhrliche, wenn man in verschiedenen Sprachen kommuniziert!
Ich wĂŒrde niemals sagen, dass der Autor des Plugins “stupid” ist.
Ich habe auch nicht gemeint, dass das Plugin “stupid” ist (obwohl das Plugin eine Maschine ist und Maschinen arbeiten stupide ihr Programm ab)
Aber: der Fakt an sich - dass der Button in diesem (speziellen) Fall nicht da ist - ist dumm gelaufen fĂŒr mich und andere, die in der englischen Sprache nicht so sattelfest sind, nicht bequem einen Button drĂŒcken können, sondern sich anderer Tools bedienen mĂŒssen. Das ist umstĂ€ndlicher, aber wenn ich weiß, warum das so ist, kann ich auch damit leben.

Und da ich nicht prĂŒfen kann, wie gut das Tool von Deutsch ins Englische ĂŒbersetzt, hier die Übersetzung mit DeepL:

That’s the dangerous thing about communicating in different languages!
I would never say that the author of the plugin is “stupid”.
I didn’t mean that the plugin is “stupid” either (although the plugin is a machine, and machines do their work stupidly).
But: the fact itself - that the button is not there in this (special) case - is stupid for me and others who are not so well versed in the English language, cannot comfortably press a button, but have to use other tools. It’s more inconvenient, but if I know why that is, I can live with it.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

3 Likes

Understood, thanks for the clarification, it’s true that some expressions might sound OK in one language and might sound harsh in others :sweat_smile:

2 Likes