Thai Community meet up with Grab & TomTom teams

Hi all,

Can we target the weekend of May 13/14? is everyone ok with it?
if yes, you can find the link for
Saturday, 13 May 2023 from 14:00 to 15:15 (CET): you can find the teams link here

1 Like

I’m good with those dates.

2 Likes

Confirm. Should work for me as well. Talk to you on Saturday

1 Like

Hey folks,

Just a quick heads up that I’ll be traveling on Saturday and unfortunately won’t be able to attend the meeting as I’ll be on a flight at that time. I’ll try to arrange for a colleague to join the call and gather the meeting points for me.

Thanks for understanding.

1 Like

@Saikat_Maiti @julcnx @Mishari @stephankn @rajatchopra0508 ,

Shall we postponed the meeting then?

till the 20th? same time?

1 Like

@sbaido I am also flying on that day. If you choose to reschedule, the 20th is suitable for me. Otherwise, could you please post a summary of what has been discussed?

1 Like

I would consider to reschedule as you and Grab might not be available.
let me await @rajatchopra0508 @Mishari @stephankn response

I am fine with rescheduling. We have to my understanding no urgent topics

1 Like

Then I will reschedule to May 20th, same timing.
will send the update.

1 Like

I see some chatter about how to do remote video calls. I hope yous remember that the OSMF pays for a BigBlueButton server, and it’s available to all OSMers for use: OSMF BBB

Good luck @jinalfoflia on your new job.

1 Like

thank you @amapanda_ᚐᚋᚐᚅᚇᚐ

Thanks for the heads up y Amanda. Totally missed it.

Fallback would have been a 10 person conference room part of a webhosting package or a jitsi docker Container on my server.

Any experience with BBB systems compatibility or latencies? I mostly used Webex/Teams.

It works in a web browser only. So it’s as good/bad as that. The server is in Germany IIRC, so thats the latency.

I’ve had ~8 people speaking and ~40 attendees before without any problems.

One can turn off video or go lower quality if needed.

@_ᚐᚋᚐᚅᚇᚐ_️ may i ask if there is a recording capability and hearing aid functions?

Yes! You cane record a session. The video is available for download about an hour later (or whenever the server has finished processing it. IIRC videos are not automatically deleted but there is no guarantee that they will stay for any amount of time, and OSMF makes no guarantees. Please don’t hot link to the video there to play it back. Please just download it and upload it somewhere else.

I’m not sure what you mean. But there is no automatic speech to text or anything like that. It’s a little basic.

1 Like

I have not yet seen any update. Potentially the above link still works.
I have to excuse myself for today.

Hi @stephankn ,

To be more sure, the link is below:

Microsoft Teams meeting

Join on your computer, mobile app or room device

Click here to join the meeting

Meeting ID: 353 661 097 270
Passcode: uDoy2W

Download Teams | Join on the web

1 Like

Hi,

@sbaido I joined, but nobody seems to be there. Please ping me on Telegram if it’s happening.

Best regards,
Mishari

Sorry I couldn’t make it to the meeting. Did it still take place?

Hello @Mishari

We (TomTom. Grab, Bolt) had a 30 minutes discussion on Teams but probably you had a technical issue. will reconvene next month when possible.