Thai Community meet up with Grab & TomTom teams

Hi @julcnx,

Yes we had a call with Bolt and Grab, discussed a couple of topics and will feed you in our next call once we action our plan.

1 Like

Hi @Saikat_Maiti, I hope you’re doing well.

I noticed that there aren’t any campaign descriptions on the Thailand community site about Grab’s ongoing improvements to the highway links. Maybe there are some exceptions or info we’re not aware of.

Your campaign descriptions are really important for educating and engaging the local community, helping them reach a consensus based on prior knowledge.

I’ve had a discussion about this topic with one of your mappers, but I haven’t received a response from them regarding the campaign description aspect yet:

Hi @julcnx,

Thank you for reaching out to me on this and sharing your feedback. There are ~50 cases that have been found with the classification issue, and our team was correcting it, it’s not a new campaign. We have already agreed that a new campaign in Thailand will be well-informed before starting it and we’ll continue to follow that. As this is one-off edit and reviewing our own team edits, we haven’t created a new ticket.

In the future, we will post a new comment (if that is part or add-on work with the existing ticket) in the forum for any one-off edits like this, and we will update the GitHub ticket as well. What do you think?

1 Like

Thank you for providing the clarifications. I wasn’t aware that it wasn’t part of a campaign.

I think it would be helpful to include a brief comment to inform other mappers who may not be aware. In my experience, I learned from a changeset conversation that I was occasionally classifying links incorrectly, and this information could be beneficial for other mappers as well.

Sure, agree with that. We will drop a comment on such cases to avoid any confusion.

1 Like

Just wanted to share that I’ve released a Chrome extension called “iD Strava Heatmap” that automatically adds Strava Heatmap as overlays in the iD editor. You can check it out here: Chrome Web Store link.

Using Strava Heatmap can offer various benefits for your mapping efforts, such as:

• identifying missing road/trail segments
  • confirming the presence of roads/trails
  • and improving alignment.

For more details on integrating Strava Heatmap into your OpenStreetMap mapping, you can refer to the Strava wiki: Strava - OpenStreetMap Wiki

3 Likes