Report vandalism or concerns about edits here

I was tracking his edits from end of August until end of September and i was reverting his edits about National and Provincial network. That’s why he started complaining. (he sent the first PM to me).
Most of his edits were about small roads in villages.
I think that if we check the last 30 days we will be fine (so OSMcha will do the job).
Also i am afraid that a DWG revert will also widely affect other edits of our community too.

PS. Any other opinions?

When the DWG does a revert we simply do 1 step back for every changeset (V6 → V5; VN → VN-1) for all changesets from a given date, but we skip all objects that have been touched in the meantime by other mappers.
Usually this means that a revert from recent changesets doesn’t give much problems, but as you say yourself, our revert could rise more problems than it solves.

Marc Zoutendijk
OpenStreetMap Foundation
Data Working Group

2 Likes

Thank you for clarifying that. That’s why i have concerns with the reverts.
The older changeset the more problems.
Thank you for jumping in here :slightly_smiling_face:

Use this link if you want to see his changesets until 3 months back on OSMcha:
https://osmcha.org/filters?aoi=9ba95b1c-1e8b-452c-baf8-50b0371a450d

OK guys. Leave G626 edits to me.
I have an idea. I will do a mix of auto and manual reverts. That way i will progress quickly.
I hope that in 10 days i will be done.

2 Likes

I think that is a reasonable middle-ground.

1 Like

UPDATE: I’ve checked 25 changesets until now and i reverted 22 of them. (only 3 of them were ok).
I will not go in to details but this guy is pathetic !!!

3 Likes

@nikospag It appears you marked the changesets as “Good” on osmcha rather than “Bad”.

You might want to select “Bad” and then you can add “Resolved” to indicate on osmcha that it has been taken care of.

2 Likes

I agree with the above, because I flagged one particularly nasty fantasy changeset, the one with the fantasy trunk road east of Edessa, for attention.

Ok, thank you. I will fiix that. :slightly_smiling_face:

We have 2 new mappers that are making fictitious edits:
gasz and gaspertv02

They are suspicious because they created their accounts right after G626 was blocked.
Please someone check their edits because i am busy with G626 edits.
@osmf-data-wg Please check if they are the same person with blocked G626

High confidence that gasz and gaspertv02 are G626, and it is clear they are now trying to escalate the vandalism.

@osmf-data-wg need to mass-revert those changesets immediately before the damage gets worse and harder to fix.

@nikospag, I think you can revert all the remaining G626 changesets as a result of the escalation of vandalism.

If it is clear now that G626 is vandalising the map in retaliation for being called out for their actions, then the case for keeping what little of the “good” changesets has vanished.

I am reverting everything of G626
DWG already reverted gaspertv02 changesets.

Yes, but the same should be done for gasz. Here is why.

1 Like

Came across another fake motorway at Way History: ‪Α14‬ (‪1105768526‬) | OpenStreetMap.

I know, but some of the malicious changes have been missed, such as Way: ‪Λαμίας - Καρπενησίου‬ (‪492184607‬) | OpenStreetMap.

marczoutendijk:

Revert done
Changeset: 127925608 | OpenStreetMap

Please check final result as there have been some errors/conflicts.

So we have to check DWG reverts because usually there are conflicts.

Because both users contributed to the same roads at the same time, it is impossible to do a proper revert on them. Hence a complete revert is not possible. Checking is always needed.

3 Likes