New MapRoulette Challenge: Fix Intersecting Buildings

Greetings!!

Hello to the OSM Thailand community!

My name is Kiran, and I’m from TomTom India. I am glad that Salim, my awesome colleague from TomTom introduced me to this super-active community platform last week. Taking a moment to Thank Salim and appreciate his amazing contribution towards OSM communities across the globe.

I hope it is okay that I am writing in English.

To get my first friendly connection with the Thailand community I thought of having a MapRoulette challenge. This challenge can help me connect better with you all, check and fix intersecting Buildings in Thailand, and I am also adding the link here: Thailand - Fix Intersecting Buildings

What is the challenge about?

To fix, if needed, situations where a building intersects with another building at the same layer.

How did we generate these leads?

By a spatial comparison of buildings available in OSM.

As with any spatial analysis, there might be some false positives. In such cases, we kindly request you to mark the task as ‘Not an issue’ if you find that the task instructions are invalid based on your knowledge.

I hope you enjoy the new challenge. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions for our collaboration.

More information about our data improvement activities in Thailand can be found on GitHub.

Have a nice day!

Kiran