Import vektora (Rijeka i Zagreb buildings)

Za import vektora (Rijeka i Zagreb buldings), korisna diskusija o alternativama i metodama je na: "Is this building existing" from external database - is it a good idea? · streetcomplete/StreetComplete · Discussion #2477 · GitHub i niže; posebno dio sa https://budynki.openstreetmap.org.pl/

Druga opcija je QGIS preprocess i semi-manual import, kaže čovjek da je (from scratch, preprocesiranje u QGIS, verifikaciju, conflicts solving i upload u JOSM napravio za ovaj dio u ~20 min sveukupno: Changeset: 144188485 | OpenStreetMap

Wow, ovo super izgleda… Morali bi se stvarno malo prebaciti na to. Ovdje je sve bilo prazno pa je vjerojatno jednostavno. Ali takvi prazni dijelovi najviše i trebaju import. Budem malo pogledao što piše.

kaže “took so long because there were duplicate nodes and I had to correct them manually,
200 off them”
. Tako da je bilo prazno pretpostavljam da bi bilo i brže.

Mislim da bi bio zainteresiran ako nas se skupi par zainteresiranih da nam napravi live demo, recimo preko BigBlueButton (ako se iz njega može shareati QGIS/JOSM)? Ima li još zainteresiranih?

Ja sam za. A gdje je taj source data? Vidim da u ovim podacima imamo samo broj katova, nema ništa više u podacima?

On je to napravio preko “zgrade” WFS-a odavde što sam mu poslao: Geografski informacijski sustav Grada Rijeke - Datasets Portal otvorenih podataka, ne znam ima li tamo još što, odnosno je li @hbogner dobio nešto bolje od toga?

Eto imamo i međunarodni collab :slight_smile:

Napravio čovjek još, pa je zamolio da pogledamo kako nam se čini.

Ovo su changeseti:

Uz standardne DOF layerove imamo i ove specifične TMS-ove:

Opa, ovo je sjajno. Puno podataka!

Nažalost, izgleda da dataset nije baš toliko dobar, definitivno treba zgradu po zgradu provjeravati.
npr. ways 1226733917 1226733866 1226733952 1226733759 itd. ne izgledaju kao buildings. :frowning_face:

Ovo je što kaže:

1. I noticed that most of the buildings in this dataset do not keep their geometry. No straight angles.
  2. The “Buildings” website pre-processes the data, but this data is of much higher quality than what is available from you
  3. I will try to pay more attention and reduce the data sets.
  4. Ask how many people would be willing to help you. It would be ideal if they knew a little English. Depending on the quantity, I will propose a solution.
  5. Josm should be enough to solve basic problems
  6. If we make a fuss about it (I’m already planning something about it) on an international forum, maybe someone else will help. It would be ideal to create a website like ours, but no one has time for that right now.

Tko bi bio zainteresiran za validaciju tih zgrada u Rijeci iz dataseta? Pa da vidimo koje su opcije. Nažalost i meni se smanjila količina slobodnog vremena, ali pomalo mogu nešto rješavati.

Hi, I am struggling with this import buildings. Report for today.

For the next imports, I will skip the smallest buildings. Most of them are errors. I do not know on what basis this data set was created, but it is very inaccurate.

On Polish FB and forum, I made a post, maybe someone from us will still help.

Is there anyone from you who lives in the Rijeka area?

Hi @Cristoffs! Thanks for the import!

I saw a few buildings that weren’t visible on the new satellite images, but were visible on the 2011 images. So it might be that the vectors are just outdated.

This JOSM plugin for reviewing buildings (before uploading them) was recommended to us on Telegram:

@Cristoffs would it be possible that you create several smaller .osc files with buildings in Rijeka (perhaps each with few dozen buildings?), and then myself and other interested parties can grab one of those and validate them manually using that plugin? That way the workload could be distributed and you could leave even small buildings inside.

For verification we could use following aerial imagery:

Is there a wiki page documenting this import? I didn’t see a link.

I’ts not, a automatic import. We just use data from official building repo. Due to the need to verify most, objects and the undetermined procedure, this cannot be considered an import, according to the Import Guidelines. Given how low quality this, data is, I don’t think it will ever be usable for Imports.

On the other hand, it would actually be worthwhile to create a wiki page, because our activity falls under Organized Editions, @Matija_Nalis i guess someone from you should embrace it? Unless you give me permission and next week I will do it.

Thanks for the info I will take it up today.

Additional I suggest, install OpenData plugin (https://josm.openstreetmap.de/osmsvn/applications/editors/josm/dist/opendata.jar), thanks to it JOSM supports more data formats. It will be easier to transfer data.

I also use the ToDo plug-in - when verifying objects, I create a list of tasks from them, it makes the work much easier.

1 Like

Yes, this thread is primarily to see the feasibility of using that Rijeka buildings data.

• judging by the quick view of the data, automated import seems not a good idea, but the dataset still looks more usable than drawing buildings from just aerials

• this thread is also about gathering if there is interest / time in community about doing something with it.

• dataset would seem to be in need of full human review. The main point then is how to prepare that data for verification so multiple humans can share an effort, and even more so what methods of verification are best suited for the task:

• we have Tasking manager instance at https://tasks.osm-hr.org/, but that is probably not well suited for this type of task?
    • or perhaps Maproulette might be feasible solution?
    • we also had a tool https://oton.osm-hr.org/ for giving quick answers to verify state of the image (we used it for our earthquake situation in 2020, to determine changed state of the roofs by giving one of the 5 answers and finding multiple-people-consensus on it); perhaps that can be adapted for verification of building vectors vs. aerial / existing buildings too?
    • or we could just chunking up the data and using some of the mentioned JOSM review plugins (JosmReviewPlugin, OpenData, ToDo… ?) to review chunks of data manually. It there are several people interested, we would probably still need some method of synchronizing who will work on what data (it can be as simple as wiki/github checkbox before fetching datafile to work on)
  • it might be a good learning (or some more general app might even be produced!) as a result, which could be used for other datasets (we have one significantly bigger for Zagreb buildings too).

On the other hand, it would actually be worthwhile to create a wiki page, because our activity falls under Organized Editions, @Matija_Nalis i guess someone from you should embrace it? Unless you give me permission and next week I will do it.

If you have free time, by all means it is fine with me that you prepare it, and people can then comment / propose changes on it.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Organised_Editing/Activities/Buildings_in_Croatia

@Matija_Nalis Please add yourself :smile:

I propose to complete the page as the work progresses. I hope with the help of some colleagues I will also embrace these buildings from Overture

I am tentatively starting to analyze the Overture Maps dataset. We’ll see if it’s better than the official one.

As for the quality of the data, I hope to do another test today, after corrections, with the smallest objects removed.

As for data sharing. I can prepare a set of data-sharing using some kind of grid, just on what platform? For me, Github would be the most practical. What do you guys think about it?

We can also do some meeting / training on this. Online, of course

For verification. I above said with changes in the process.

Such a text went to our (PL) social media:

One of OpenStreetMap’s biggest problems is the lack of data continuity. In many places basic objects such as buildings are missing. In Poland, thanks to the data provided by Gugik, the work of many volunteers and tools such as (https://budynki.openstreetmap.org.pl), which Tomek prepared for the community, this problem has been largely solved.

Unfortunately, not in all countries the community is so lucky. Especially when it comes to shared data. In such cases, the international nature of OpenStreetMap, described as a community of communities, comes to the rescue.

We will be able to use our experience gained from completing building data in Poland and help our Croatian colleagues. With the release of building data in the area of Rijeka and Zagreb, I have the opportunity to announce the establishment of an international cooperation between the Croatian and Polish communities to prepare, verify and complete building data in Croatia.

Due to the small amount of data that has been opened, we will also use and verify the building data that is available within the Overture Maps resource