Hoppin points: OSM without attribution

Continuing the discussion from Proposed import: Hoppin points:

Hello everybody,
Today I visited two Hoppin points in regards to the above topic. When closely looking at map on the Hoppin point, it can be seen that it is almost certain OSM based. I did not find attribution on the map. I attach some images to support my statement:

1. Hoppin point Wijnegem Shopping center

Pay special attention to the landcover on the bottom of the image: there are small gaps between it and ‘Krommelei’, showing perfect correlation between OSM and the Hoppin map.

Pay special attention to the crossing of the cycle path and normal path just south of the Hoppin marker: the cycle path has a very small bend just before the intersection, identical to what is visible on OSM

1. Hoppin point Wijnegem Fortveld
3 Likes

Oh dear. There is no doubt the data used is OSM. I’ve contacted the people we are in touch with in MOW about this.

5 Likes

Did you get a reply from them by any chance? I’m just curious :slight_smile:

No answer yet…

Time for a reminder?

Just sent one

Turns out the answer just hadn’t reached me.

Here’s the response:

• Het Hoppinpunt Wijnegem Fortveld (id 222) staat wel degelijk in de databank, maar louter als punt dat werd geïdentificeerd door de vervoerregioraad. Wij hebben van de gemeente nog geen bericht ontvangen dat dit punt aan alle voorwaarden voor een Hoppinpunt voldoet en dus actief is. Aangezien dit in de praktijk reeds een mobiliteitsknooppunt is, heb ik het ook zo geïdentificeerd in de databank. Het verschijnt dan ook als ‘Hoppinpunt in ontwikkeling’ op de kaart op Hoppin.be.
  • In de databank staat er voor de Hoppinzuil in Herselt wel degelijk een vermelding van het type zuil, namelijk een analoge, grote versie. Voor het Hoppinpunt ‘Vlimmeren Statiestraat’ is het type zuil inderdaad onbekend.

Regarding the attribution issue, this has been forwarded to the team that deals with the physical objects.

Not that it matters much (only the missing attribution is in essence important), but a short (Dutch) reply to the two points:

• Mijn bericht ging over de database met de hoppin-zuilen. Deze staat er nu al 4 maanden, maar is nog steeds niet in de hoppin-zuilen database opgenomen. Dit lijkt me problematisch aangezien, als ik het goed begrepen heb, de import ging uitgevoerd worden o.b.v. deze database en niet deze van de hoppinpunten. Daarnaast is het toch wel bijzonder dat er reeds zuilen geplaatst zijn op punten waarvan men niet eens zeker is of ze wel actief zijn?
  • Misschien is er iets dat ik niet begrijp, maar als ik op geopunt naar het hoppinpunt in Herselt kijk, en ik kijk naar de legende, dan lijkt het toch echt wel dat dit punt ‘Onbekend Type’ is?

Sadly, it’s the response I came to expect from AWV.