Denmark subcategory

Category name

Danmark (Denmark)

Is this a top-level category or a subcategory?

subcategory

Description of its purpose and which open mapping groups it will serve

Replace the old forum and generally serve the Danish OSM community.

Why is this new category needed instead of being hosted as part of the existing ones?

No other similar forum. Will be a place for discussions on mapping specifically in Denmark, solving issues, arranging meet-ups etc.

Is this a new space or does it already exist on other platforms? Where?

Besides the old forum there is a mailing list.

Current volume of messages on the former platforms, if any (per week/per month)

The old forum it seems only had 5-10 new post every year. The mailing list is (periodically) more active (5-10 post a month).

Is there a transition plan for the old platform to this new one? (please link or describe)

None that I know of

(Optional) A link or list of the category specific guidelines

OSM Etiquette Guidelines will apply.

List the usernames of the category moderators

Volunteers so far:

@Lostmonkey - Mapper since 2015 and active OSM-forum contributor.
@LarsBG - Startet editing maps with Google Map Maker and since 2014 in Openstreetmap. And have been active on OSM DK maillist
@peterleth - Mapper since 2010. Educating teachers and pupils about mapping since 2010.

8 Likes

Thank you @Lostmonkey for make the request.

I agree with the proposal and agree to act as moderator.

2 Likes

Also Thank you @Lostmonkey for taking the initiative.
I agree with the proposal and agree to act as a moderator, to help the Danish OSM community.

Kind regards,
Peter Leth

3 Likes

Please use this logo for the Danish community: File:OSM Denmark logo.svg - OpenStreetMap Wiki

2 Likes

Thanks everyone,

As per the current Moderation Selection Criteria now the community has 5 days (that must include weekend days) to discuss about this proposal.

After that a voting poll will be opened for another 5 days to validate the list.

Cheers.

3 Likes

I will vote yes for this new danish forum.

2 Likes

I will also vote a big Yes for a new danish forum.

3 Likes

I vote yes - and apparently have to type at least 20 characters so here’s some fill words :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks guys, for volunteering to be moderators of a Danish forum. I actually did not know we had a forum before, I only used the mailing list. However, I strongly support the creation of a new, modern Danish OSM community forum.

3 Likes

Støtter ideen om en dansk subkategori

3 Likes

Thank you for the initiative. I fullly support…

3 Likes

Thanks for the creation of this - I vote yes a Danish subcategory.

3 Likes

The proposal has my support and I will be participating. This is important for the continuation and evolution of the Danish OSM community. Kudos to the mods.

3 Likes

Aye! Yes! Ja! Si! Tak til moderatorerne!

3 Likes

What a marvellous idea! I wholeheartedly support the creation of a Danish subcommunity.

3 Likes

I support this proposal :+1: Thank you to @Lostmonkey and the moderators for taking the initiative.

3 Likes

I’m all for a Danish part of the forums. And if there’s ever a need for a new moderator, I can chip in.
Been active since 2007.

6 Likes

I suggest the following subcategory description:

“Velkommen til den danske underkategori. Her diskuteres emner specifikt relateret til OpenStreetMap-kortlægning i Danmark.”

Should we include anything else?

3 Likes

Just a minor suggestion from me

“You are welcome to post in english, swedish & norwegian language too”

3 Likes

I support this proposal, glad to see a danish community hopefully starts soon.

3 Likes