Comments cannot be flagged or translated

What and who is affected by this issue/request?

All users that may use the flag option (available for posts) can not use a flag option for comments to posts as this is not available at the moment.

Where on the platform does it happen?

E.g. in the help and support forum, where comments can be added to posts.

How do we replicate the issue?

See e.g. this thread: https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/topic/102755 where a comment can not be flagged. While posts to have a menu bar with e.g. the flag icon, comments do not have those menues and no flag options.

Expected behavior (i.e. solution)

Would be nice if comments can be flagged as well (e.g. for behavior not useful for a community, flagging cursing, foul language etc.) by having comments having the same menu bar as posts.

Other Comments

This is probably an upstream problem. I’m not familiar with discourse and if there is an option in discourse to allow flagging of comments.

1 Like

The comments cannot be flagged and they cannot be translated with the translate-button. I therefore suggest deactivating this plugin again until such problems are solved.

1 Like

+1! Besides the fact that the translation button does not work I also find the mixture of reply posts and/or comments, up/downvoting of posts and/or comments and additionally adding emojis to the posts but not the comments very confusing and hard to follow. As a result I more or less stopped reading the topics in the Help and Support category.

I’d say permissions for things are being sorted out right now.

I wouldn’t be hasty with any trigger pulls now. Problems being solved, I’d say, but I don’t know for sure.

I do like hearing such “inner monologue” conversations publicly. Call it suggestion box talk.

This is indeed an upstream-dependency

@Firefishy is trying to make sure we document this with the plugin authors, also @forums-governance is trying to figure our if there is room for sponsoring some of this needs we have to devs can prioritize upstream.

2 Likes