Argentina subcategory

Category name

Argentina

Is this a top-level category or a subcategory?

A subcategory under #communities

Description of its purpose and which open mapping groups it will serve

To serve as a forum for the Argentina OSM community replacing our old one, which is being phased out.

Why is this new category needed instead of being hosted as part of the existing ones?

To focus on specific mapping topics related to the Argentina community.

Is this a new space or does it already exist on other platforms? Where?

The Argentine community already uses other platforms. Mostly Telegram (osm_ar), but also Twitter (OpenStreetMapAR), Facebook (OpenStreetMapAR), Instagram, YouTube, and the old forum and mailing list (talk-ar).

Current volume of messages on the former platforms, if any (per week/per month)

We have an average of 24 messages daily on Telegram. We also have an average of one topic every month in the old forum.

Is there a transition plan for the old platform to this new one? (please link or describe)

We’re not planning to stop using Telegram; rather, we want to attract users who like to discuss topics on a forum.

(Optional) A link or list of the category specific guidelines

The OSM Etiquette Guidelines will apply.

List the usernames of the category moderators

We are all three admins on Telegram. We also posts reply in the forum and keep the Wiki updated. In particular, I keep the osm-community-index for Argentina updated. Both AgusQui and Pertile post on our social networks. Both Pertile and I contribute to the translation of JOSM and iD, respectively.

Hola, excelente idea. Apoyo totalmente.

Fantabulosisimo ! :call_me_hand: :+1:

In representation of the local chapter of Argentina we support the chat initiative.

La categoría #communities:ar ya está creada y los moderadores que comentaron aquí han sido añadidos al grupo.

Por favor, asegúrense de solicitar una actualización del Índice de Comunidades OSM para incluir este nuevo canal para su comunidad.

¡Gracias!