2022 Ljubljana high-res true orthophoto

After the 2021 Ljubljana orthophoto never went online for some reason, it seems to me that the 2022 version has been put online here.

Does anybody know how to make this available in JOSM?
@StefanB @Mark_Martinec

Sure. In JOSM, choose +WMTS and then add https://gis06.ljubljana.si/arcgis/rest/services/Podloge/DOF_2022_D96/MapServer/WMTS/1.0.0/WMTSCapabilities.xml as GetCapabilities URL, set checkbox on Set default layer and then click Get layers and select Podloge_DOF_2022_D96.

(Hint for the future: near the top of the page you’ve posted, there is WMTS link that is what you need)

BTW, nice imagery you have there!

1 Like

Sure. In JOSM, choose +WMTS and then add https://gis06.ljubljana.si/arcgis/rest/services/Podloge/DOF_2022_D96/MapServer/WMTS/1.0.0/WMTSCapabilities.xml as GetCapabilities URL, set checkbox on Set default layer and then click Get layers and select Podloge_DOF_2022_D96.

assuming the license is compatible it should be added to the list of wms in josm so that everybody can find it easily and activate it by the click of a button

That’s what I meant to ask. I’m assuming a new entry should be created on this page.

However,

• I don’t have rights to edit this page (I newly created my account yesterday)
  • Even if I had, I’d be afraid that my knowledge of the matter is insufficient to exclude the possibility of making stupid errors.

Who can edit these pages?

Thanks for finding it, I have added it to Maps/Slovenia – JOSM via Maps/Slovenia (diff) – JOSM

Very nice, thank you!

And I think it’s good that you’ve kept the 2020 imagery available, for 2 reasons:

• In the 2022 version, the trees have leaves. This often obscures relevant details.
  • Comparing imagery from different dates can often help understanding changes made by other users.

If there is a wish, we can also add an older layer from 2019: Folder: Podloge

Sure, why not! Is there a possibility to have them automatically grouped into a sub-menu in josm in order not to flood the menu with them?

Added 2019 as historicphoto, categorized 2020 as as historicphoto and added date (years) to all via Maps/Slovenia (diff) – JOSM

Would it be possible to add these layers to iD Editor as well?

This can be directly used in JOSM, because it supports WMTS and Slovenian D96 projection.

We’d need to find a tile URL for the standard web Mercator projection needed for iD editor. The layer description says it should be possible:

Supports Datum Transformation: true

I have been in touch with the creator of the image directly. Would it make sense that I ask her personally or do you think we should better contact the municipality?

Whichever method works … As long as we can get these layers into iD Editor as well! :slight_smile:

I’ve asked her but didn’t receive and reply since.

I think we made the tech side work in another thread.

Does any of you folks have an idea under which license this imagery is published?

1 Like