Wochennotiz Nr. 263 28.7.–3.8.2015

Hallo,

die Wochennotiz Nr. 263 mit allen wichtigen Neuigkeiten aus der OpenStreetMap Welt ist da:

http://blog.openstreetmap.de/blog/2015/08/wochennotiz-nr-263/

Viel Spaß beim Lesen!

Ich fänds cool, wenn ihr bei nicht-englischsprachigen Quellen eine kleine deutsche Erklärung schreiben könntet. Mein Französisch ist nicht so super, um in https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-fr/2015-July/077665.html zu verstehen, was “Se faire connaitre” für einen Mist macht.

Ich glaube rauslesen zu können das das eine neue Instanz unseres SEO-Dienstleister-Problems sein könnte: jemand importiert wild POIs, ohne zu gucken ob die Objekte schon in OSM sind, und ohne Import-Doku. Die Daten sind prinzipiell gewollt, aber die Qualität des Imports ist scheiße.

Kann jemand mit besserem Französisch mal checken, ob ich das so ungefähr richtig verstanden habe?

Über 4000 CS seit 2014 - und erst jetzt fällt den französischen Kollegen was auf? ja, da wüsste ich auch gerne, was dahinter steckt.

Die Meldung stammt von User escada, der für uns seit einigen Wochen einen Blick auf die Geschehnisse in der niederländischen, belgischen und französischen Community hat und uns mit Links und vorformulierten englischen Meldungen versorgt. Wir übersetzen diese dann nur.

Mangels Französisch-Kenntnissen habe ich dann die Meldung von ihm ins Deutsche übersetzt. Ich habe ihn auf die “Kritik” hingewiesen.

Viele Grüße

Michael vom WN-Team

Antwort von escada:

Danke!

Hallo,

I’ll try to write a little more text for the entries in the following Wochennotiz. It’s a learning process to see how much information is needed to pass along the message.

It was not the first time that they had problems wit Se Faire Connaitre. There was a thread awhile ago (over half a year or so) about the same user. The French OSM society had contacted them, even by phone to discuss to problems and look for a solution. For awhile everything was going well, but suddenly some problems popped up again (mainly double POIs). That started the thread about which I reported.

If they ignore your mails ask somebody from the Data Working Group to block their account unless they response.

Regards
walter

It looks like the common behaviour of such SEO (spammer) companies. I suggest you to read the posts by Swen Wacker at the thread about the undiscussed import of thousands of POIs in Germany in May 2015.

http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=506189#p506189
http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=506278#p506278
(I know more about that but I promised Swen not to write about it at forums or mailing lists.)

He says (he has insider knowledge of another plattform where these companies put their data/garbage on) that they often promise a lot and after a waiting period they start to violate the rules again. It seems theat Se Faire Connaitre does this, too.

If it is so, the OSM community should publish a customers’ register derived from OSM data (it is allowed because Se Faire Connaitre has agreed Contributor Terms). This may hurt such companies most because their competitor could use this list to woo away their customers. [1] OSM community (or OSM France) should behave as Wikipedia does if they discover a PR company’s sockpuppet collection.

Best regards

Michael

[1]

(link to original posting of the CEO of such a company)

Translated to English: I have instructed my CTO to do the data transfer to OSM always in such a manner that not all our competitors can easily derive a customers’ register. We know from past experience that our competitors will try to do that and will woo away our customers very aggressively.

@Nakaner, I had read that thread. I’m subscribed to the German mailing list :slight_smile: I can read a bit of German (unfortunately I can’t write it).
@Wambacher, I’m Belgian, I just try to follow the French mailing list a bit. I learn a bit about OSM and train my French :slight_smile: I leave it up to them to deal with those guys. Some people from French OSM society were taking care of it. I won’t interfere with that.