What presets of tag use in iOS app

Hello community!
I want to use presets of tag in my iOS app for editing OSM.
I know GitHub - openstreetmap/id-tagging-schema: 🆔🏷 The presets and other tagging data used by the iD editor and defaultpresets.xml from JOSM.
Which solution is easier to use?
Please note that my application must understand whether additional point tags are completely filled.
For example, shop=food , and it would be great if the application understood that there was not enough name, work schedule, etc.
Thanks to all

1 Like

For a more complete picture, have a look at https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/projects and sort by keys. The entries there with the most keys are all tagging presets.

Depending on what your application is for, you’ll likely want your own subset of the tagging presets of one of the “general editors” such as JOSM, Vespucci or iD. You can also use taginfo to see what values are actually in the data (your example, shop=food, is pretty rare).

1 Like

I want to use presets of tag in my iOS app for editing OSM.
I know GitHub - openstreetmap/id-tagging-schema: :id::label: The presets and other tagging data used by the iD editor and defaultpresets.xml from JOSM.
Which solution is easier to use?

it is worth to point out that these are not just different formats for the same information, but rather different presets (with a lot of overlap, naturally), so the decision should be based on which presets you prefer conceptually.

Please note that my application must understand whether additional point tags are completely filled.

the tags can be added to points, lines, polygons and other relations, taginfo can show you on which kind of elements they are typically put (although it doesn’t allow to distinguish areas from lines)

1 Like

A few points of information:

• The iD presets are used by iD, StreetComplete, Go Map!!, (Vespucci,) EveryDoor, OsmGo, RapID, possibly more

• The JOSM presets are used by JOSM, Vespucci, possibly more

• The iD presets are more extensive, the community is more active in adding new presets, translating them and translating field values

In general it isn’t true that the “iD presets are more extensive” historically at least most of the details were generated by querying taginfo very often with very questionable results (and there is no way for an iD user to know the difference).

PS: while it is true that Vespucci uses, an extended, JOSM format, the presets contain at least in the standard version substantially more items (which is why they are the better choice for JOSM users too). But more importantly both applications support additional preset configurations which in summary means iD doesn’t have the slightest chance wrt breadth and depth of curated coverage.

2 Likes