What Feature Type shall I use to add pickup stations (abholstation) of a Solidarische Landwirtschaft?

What Feature Type shall I use to add pickup stations (abholstationen) of Solidarische Landwirtschaft (SoLaWi)?

Pickup stations are spots where members of a SoLaWi come get their vegetables, usually once a week. Here is a list of abholstationen for example: Spörgelhof SoLaWi

These pickup stations are not to confuse with the office of a SoLaWi; for example: Node: ‪Spörgelhof eG‬ (‪9702756961‬) | OpenStreetMap.

Shall I use a ‘Point’ or something else?

Can I possibly create a Feature Type for abholstationen for SoLaWis?

There are many SoLaWi in Germany, Austria and Switzerland: Solidarische Landwirtschaft – Wikipedia

Assuming I’ve not been led astray by a bad translation somewhere …

There is an old proposal to map Community Supported Agriculture drop off points using a farm_boxes key. The primary objection at the time seemed to be that the locations often aren’t very stable and so may be unsuitable for OSM as they would be impractical to maintain.

If you are mapping an arrangement where the pickup point are very rarely changed then you might be OK to use the tag anyway. If some of the locations do change every few months then it may be better to maintain this outside of OpenStreetMap and show them via an overlay layer (e.g. using uMap (make sure you save your edit link)).

If you are mapping an arrangement where the pickup point are very rarely changed then you might be OK to use the tag anyway.

We’ve been using some of the same spots for years, sometimes a decade.

I read the proposal you linked to.

Basically, mapping CSA pickup locations is a lot more helpful than mapping just farms, because it allows people to make maps of where CSAs are available in their neighborhoods. The farm might be many kilometers outside of town, while the pickup location is right around the corner, making the CSA an option for you.

That is exactly why I would want to add pickup stations; the location of the farm does not help people see there might be a pickup station in their neighborhood.

If you are mapping an arrangement where the pickup point are very rarely changed then you might be OK to use the tag anyway.

I can’t seem to find the tag farm_boxes. Does it actually exist? I understand from the proposal you linked to that it was rejected, so does not exist. I searched in ‘Select feature type’.