Unusual tagging in Saint Martin

Source: Changeset: 127421046 | OpenStreetMap

It appears that the editor COM-ENV wanted to map the street cleaning cycle in the French part of Saint-Martin, but the route relation contains untagged ways instead of actual roads. I don’t know how to fix this because I have no knowledge of how to exactly map street cleaning cycles.

1 Like

Is this something that can be verified on ground by other mappers?
If not, then it does probably not belong into the OSM-database at all.

3 Likes

I will leave a comment in the affected changeset first, and see what happens.

3 Likes

Due to a lack of reply in the changeset, I am proposing that I may have to change or remove the road maintenance relation and its members as I see fit to comply with whatever tagging standard I can find. Please suggest what alternative options I could consider. The deadline is seven days from the date of this post.

1 Like

You could also write a direct message to the mapper if you want. When someone replies to a changeset, the mapper is only notified by email. A direct message, on the other hand, the mapper sees when he logs in to OSM. (Although I doubt he will log in in the next few days)

If no response, I would remove the relation and ways.

1 Like

I just sent the editor the direct message. The 7-day deadline has been reset to give the editor ample time to reply … that is, if my severe depression doesn’t get the better of me. :cry:

The editor concerned made 27 edits 3 months ago, so it is possible that you may not get a reply.

1 Like

I have decided to remove the street cleaning cycle data.

This is because this type of data was very trivial, and the data could easily go out of date for various reasons, such as demand: furthermore, street cleaning cycles are very hard to verify, unlike bus routes.

2 Likes