UK Quarterly Project 2024 Q2 Project: Defibrillators

I feel like I am missing some information. The UK quarterly project at the moment includes a section “Adding Circuit Refs to AEDs”. However, nowhere does it explain how to map these Circuit UUID to the OSM node.

The only detail for this I can find is the Circuit Defibri data which is itself a excel file.

I was wondering if there are simple steps to easily visualise this Circuit data on an openstreetmap-like page to easily view and add the UUIDs.

The section you mention lists the tags:

Adding Circuit Refs to AEDs

Each AED listed in The Circuit has a 32-character unique reference number in the form of a UUID: XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX. Robert Whittaker obtained permission from the British Heart Foundation to add these numbers to OSM. Please use the ref:GB:the_circuit=* tag for this. Doing so confirms the matches in the Comparison Tool, and makes the comparison more reliable than just using proximity between the datasets. A semi-colon separated list of UUIDs can be added to not:ref:GB:the_circuit=* to prevent incorrect matches in the tool.

The referenced “Comparison Tool” is this one linked further up the page.

You may also be interested in the slides linked to in this post.

1 Like

I’ve moved this question from General talk to our new United Kingdom category:

Thank you for the information. I missed the extra step of clicking on the hyperlinked postcodes to get the more detailed view

1 Like

Well done and thanks for everyone’s work on this quarterly project so far. We’ve just over 1/3 of the way through now, and the difference we’ve made can really be seen in the graphs at UK Defibrillator History and Matching Stats | Robert Whittaker's OpenStreetMap Stuff .

Overall, more than 3000 AEDs have been edited since the start of the project, by over 160 different editors. And we’ve increased the number of UK AEDs in OSM by about 1000. Keep going everyone!

4 Likes