The "OSM Standard tile layer" looks wrong (white lines, abusive comments etc.)

Looks like it has all been reverted again. sub 20 minutes

Just noticed new cross line entries at 30 meter zoom only over Riserva D’Annunzio, Pescara but also see woodpeck running reverts. Maybe a little extra bytes to his machine with instructions to delete all at 127.000.000.001, vandalism I would turn a blind eye to.

Moderation: Map image with inappropriate and offensive street names removed

still more on here, 37°27’04.8"N 13°53’24.5"E

I report the same problems today in province of Québec, Cananda

I can’t think of many scenarios where dragging a node hundreds/thousands of kilometers away is needed. Perhaps this could be considered as a restriction for new users? If this has been discussed before, I might have missed it.

For the users here, I would suggest to not attach screenshot containing the slurs. To know how to check if the problem is still present read this message.

13 Likes

Sadly, multiple Ctrl+F5 ain’t working momentarily
 the edit’s I did in the last few hour wont appear. The ? query shows the items are in, so \o/

Yes because there has a large volume of edits and some of the render servers are still catching up - please be patient and all will be well in time.

4 Likes

:point_up:
Before reporting here please check if the error still exists by verifying with data-layer if it’s only a render-not-catching-up-problem or if data is really corrupted.

5 Likes

I’ve just reverted 3 more vandal accounts just now, blocked here, here and here,

3 Likes

I do not think calling these blatant acts of vandalism “infant” or “childish” will achieve anything with the person behind them. Though, eventually, they might be spot on!

What do you suggest we call it? The actions of a great fat useless spawny eyed parrot faced wassock? **

An outline of the story is above; to add to that we asked the person concerned to discuss in their community forum. The members there were against the edits. This was ignored, the person made the edits anyway, and the DWG acted on the complaints that we received.

** by Tony Capstick, RIP

You shortened the quote - I am fine with calling them that. I even prefer that above “cyber security threat” as got mentioned before. I fully understand your anger at being harassed such way. In my eyes that should count a criminal offence and the OSMF required to redact (hide from history) both the edits and the reverts.

It’s May 16, and I’m still seeing them.

I am seeing this everywhere now, Switzerland, Norway, France, California. Any page I go to I see these fake roads that are not complete.

i first discovered this vandalism in legazpi, gipuzkoa but “query features” doesn’t show any roads so i can’t revert it.

1 Like

Showing a screenshot of some random spot somewhere in the world is not helpful in trying to check if there’s actually vandalism or just map tiles need to be regenerated.
Give way id or at the very least gps coordinates.

2 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Cyber attacks in the OSM space

I have found a number of inappropriate features (white lines placed horizontally and diagonally) on the map in the vicinity of N 41° 08.122 W 074° 17.305.

Each includes the name Andy Townshend and an obscenity or a pejorative. They are visible at the 1,000’ magnification, but not below. I am not able to see them in edit mode.

Below is a screen grab showing the features:

I hope someone is able to remove them from the map and review any other edits placed by that user.

Thank you for looking into this.

Bill in NJ