DISCLAIMER: The writing style is not serious, the message is.
Ho ho hoo, it’s July already. That means it’s the damn time for another damn work done recap on the damn project. Damn it!
First of all, our thanks goes to risturiz for the feedback from their notathon. There are two interesting changes to the damn project. And other not-so-much-interesting-ones-but-we-thank-so-much-ya-all. Please, note that such feedback is how you steer the damn project. No kidding.
First, we changed the server API. Long story not so short – with the shiny new update, it is possible to … bla bla bla … nothing big at all – we added custom squares count when dividing new area. Unfortunately, this change is backward compatible. Also, we are very sorry for schema simplification by removing the redundant ones. We struggle to make the API complicated.
(By the way, it looks like that squares of arbitrary planar shape, which is possible in the damn project, are kind of useless because OSM and JOSM use bounding box to download notes and OpenStreetMap data anyway.)
First, because why not, area managers may specify a square for a particular mapper. Only JOSM is supported. Still, we believe that area managers shouldn’t decide the work for particular mappers but we understand the need and we recognize recurrent pattern – when manual square lock was first requested, we didn’t like it because it breaks the mapping workflow. Sometimes it’s ok to break things.
First again and foremost – that’s all for today.
Divide and map. Now. – the damn project – helps mappers by dividing a big area into smaller planar shapes that people can map together.