Tag creation: particle accelerator

I work on the linear accelerator ELYSE platform Node: ‪ELYSE‬ (‪11416706107‬) | OpenStreetMap

When adding information about it, I did not find tags relevant to it. There are at least 5 accelerators I know about around me. There are linear accelerators and circular ones. Is it worthwhile to add new tags for such research facilities?

I will try to provide later a dataset of accelerators around the World.

For France the good starting point is EMIRUM - EMIRA

best,
Sergey

Seem to be it is better to use man_made:linear_accelerator or similar ‘man_made:particle_accelerator’

1 Like

=linear_electron_accelerator is too specific, and mixing different aspects. Should be broken back down.

• man_made=particle_accelerator
  • particle_accelerator=linear (as linked in HERA)
  • substance=electron (only to avoid inventing another particle= )
  • Eg particle_accelerator:output=9 MeV (To avoid generator:output= and plant:output= in power, not energy level)
  • (when drawn as line) tunnel=yes + layer=-1 / indoor=yes + level= (the use of highway= in LHC is not good) : It’s unresolved as to how should tunnel=yes and indoor=yes be distinguished, especially in underground transit stations.
  • location=underground (for clarity due to the above problem)

=research_institute should not be combined with it. That refers to the Institut de Chimie Physique (guessing from French) site. In the case of LHC, the accelerator extends beyond CERN lands.

4 Likes

thank you for the update. I have updated accrodingly