Suggestion for Philippines' Administrative Boundary Levels

I would like to propose the following modifications for the Philippines’ administrative boundary levels 3 to 10:
3 - regions
4 - provinces
5 - provincial legislative districts
6 - cities / municipalities
7 - cities / municipalities legislative districts
8 - barangays
9 - puroks / sitios
10 - gated communities (i.e., subdivisions) or any other type of community which does not constitute their own low-level local government units (i.e. old city districts)

this will reflect the Philippines’ political, legislative and administrative boundaries and or areas.

wiki page: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dadministrative

So you are planning to do an automated or manual mass edit for all boundary relations?

Has this already been topic on any local OSM Philippine user group?

What is not OK with current boundary tagging?

So you are planning to do an automated or manual mass edit for all boundary relations?
I was thinking of doing an automated mass edit for this (and I know that it would be colossal) but I was thinking of this for some time now and was sifting to pages of document on how to do this. Specially how massive administrative boundaries on the 8 to 10 administrative level. Level 10s would be reclassified to level 8 while Levels 8 and 9 will be reclassified as 10 temporarily and will listed for reclassification.

Has this already been topic on any local OSM Philippine user group?
I haven’t discussed it with the local OSM user group. I probably should have done so. Sorry.

What is not OK with current boundary tagging?
What’s “not OK” are with levels 8 to 9. These are confusing and this does not reflect how the Philippines is organized as a community and politically. Barangays should follow the City/Municipal Legislative Districts as per the Philippines’ political and local government system. While, the barangays are further subdivided into "purok"s or "sitio"s and should go as level 9. Level 10 is for communities or territories that is “beyond” the aforementioned system. Here falls communities such as a subdivision or areas within the lowest level of the system that is self-organizing. Level 10 will also reflect some old districts areas on the capital region (or any other region for that matter) that is still recognized by the population and the government as areas of interest or as a community.

You’ll definitely want to discuss it with the local community. There’s a reasonably active local mailing list https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-ph - I don’t know if that’s the main contact point for the community, but it’s certainly a start.

Also you’ll definitely want to read and follow http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Automated_Edits_code_of_conduct since if you don’t, there’s a chance that your edits could be reverted and your account blocked (which would be a waste of time for everyone concerned).

Thanks for talking about the problem first rather than “just doing it”. Mass edits of this sort need to address not just the obvious problems but also the corner cases too - and often you only find out about these by discussion with other mappers.