Strategic Plan Outline

Hello,

Going thought the July 2021 Strategic Plan Outline document

https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Strategic_Plan_Outline

It reads:

The Board now needs the community’s assistance in fleshing out the outline into a strategic plan. Wherever the outline lacks narrative text, please feel free to suggest text either by direct email to the Board or via the OSMF-talk mailing list

I wonder if there is a central place to follow this work or if updates have been posted somewhere I can check, the mailing list interface it not helping me find relevant conversations.

Thanks!

Lccwg has a gitlab issue pointing to an older version of the document (which now redirects to the current one)

Not that much to see there, though.

Iirc, OSMF Board AMA - State of the Map 2022 also briefly covered the topic. I’m afraid I don’t recall any details. The session was recorded and should be available for watching in the near future.

I’m not aware of any other places…

1 Like

Unfortunately, not a lot of progress has been made on fleshing out the Strategic Plan so far. It’s not that the relevant conversations aren’t visible, they just haven’t taken place yet.

Thanks for the update @Tordanik

How can people get involved and help? Which kind of skills would be most beneficial for the priority themes? Is there a specific time commitment expected?

Thanks!

1 Like

Would it be useful to give comments on that strategic plan?

Run for the OSMF Board.

How can people get involved and help?

Run for the OSMF Board.

(Discourse has messed up quotes again I think)

Sorry, I thought it was possible to help or support without being part of the board.

Sorry, I thought it was possible to help or support without being part
of the board.

It is! But there is a shortage of people standing for the board. So we should encourage candidates. :slightly_smiling_face: And it’s something more people should do. :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s the intention. However, progress on the Strategic Plan is currently bottlenecked by board members’ lack of time/energy.

1 Like