[RFC] Feature Proposal - Public Transport: Auditory Information

This proposal aims to establish multiple tags to gather different types of auditory information that may be provided at a public transport stop and/or platforms. It wants to establish passenger_information_display:speech_output=* and departures_board:speech_output=* to depict whether passenger information displays and departure boards have speech output that is available on demand by pressing a button. It also proposes the Tag announcement=yes/no/automatic/manual/mixed to be added to platforms to indicate if and what kind of announcement is provided.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Public_Transport:_Auditory_Information

Please discuss this proposal on its Wiki Talk page.

2 Likes

Hi, @wielandb-paid and welcome!

According to proposal process, you need to announce this to tagging mailing list as well. Thanks in advance!

(I’ve also added this thread to external discussion at proposal wiki)

Thank you!

I have already sent the proposal to the tagging mailing list, and according to a message I received in response, the mail is still awaiting moderation. (Apparently because I am not a member of the tagging mailing list, although I am!?)

I am not sure if I should send the mail again.

(Apparently because I am not a member of the tagging mailing list, although I am!?)

I am not sure if I should send the mail again.

check the email address if you sent from the same as you subscribed

1 Like

Thanks for the tip!
I checked again that I sent it with the same mail I have signed up with, and I also sent the mail again while again double-checking I am using the same address for sending as I have signed up with. I again got the response that my mail is awaiting approval.

I would be pleased if someone could forward this proposal to the tagging mailing list on my (our) behalf.

I’ve posted it to tagging ML.