This forum is created in response to questions about the way certain items related to the crisis effort should be mapped in OpenStreetMap. Especially for newbie mappers who would like to contribute to the relief efforts.
Things to talk about:
- Setting up the editors specifically for crisis mapping (e.g. loading satellite imagery)
- How to map (previous) tent camps, roadblocks, demolished buildings, flooding areas etc. OSM crisis specific mapping and tagging.
- Tips for recognising certain objects on aerials
- Making exports
Things that (IMHO) should be best discussed elsewhere:
- Organising the relief efforts
- Coordinating the mapping
- Requesting satellite imagery
Other ways of communicating are:
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team mailing list
Haiti mailing list
Chile mailing list
Sources of information:
HowTo videos on relief mapping: