Questions about heliports

What should be the correct tagging for an outdoor police heliport, as far as the landuse? No use at all for the public?

I changed it to aeroway=heliport since it cannot be used by fixed-wing aircraft.

I changed it to aeroway=heliport since it cannot be used by fixed-wing aircraft.

this seems the correct tag, maybe add an operator as well. Heliports are not required to be accessible for the general public, although some might be.

1 Like

I guess I would add an access=private tag, if access is forbidden for the general public.

I think also that landuse=military might be relevant, even if police is not military (is it in the US ? in France it depends).

I don’t think landuse=military would be appropriate here in the US for something operated by the local police department. access=private and something like operator=Pasadena Police Department would make sense. Per the wiki, amenity=police is reserved for public-facing police stations, which this does not appear to be. But it suggests using police=* without amenity=police for non-public police facilities, so maybe you could coin something like police=heliport following that format.

Depending on what the Police in this area do, you could also consider adding https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:emergency%3Dair_rescue_service?