Possible undisclosed import around 부안읍 by ynrk

I recently came across some very detailed mapping around 부안읍 Changeset: 89859044 | OpenStreetMap
If you zoom in you notice that every house has an address and there are a lot of POI (compared to other regions in Korea). Also every individual field seems to be mapped. This all seems to by the user ynrk.
The source of the addresses seems unclear (in the changesets there is just Bing or Maxar) and especially in some countryside locations for some farmyards it seems quite unlikely that it was done by survey. To me this looks like it was imported from somewhere. I know that the POI could have been retrieved from the Korean Data Portal, which has certain datasets cc0 like licenses, but the addresses of the houses aren’t available under a compatible license as far as I know.

1 Like

The area has gradually become more detailed over the past year or two. At first, maps of the city were mapped, and then gradually expanded to nearby farmland and small villages. Considering that the editing period is close to two years, the editing radius is not that large.

Unfortunately, he’s not in the community, but given the speed or scope of the data being added, it doesn’t seem to be an import, but he draw a very detailed map of his neighborhood.

I think it was made a long time ago I’ll update it with the latest data :slightly_smiling_face: