Possibility to receive emails for own posts?

What and who is affected by this issue/request?

People who like having complete e-mail archive of forum conversations

Where on the platform does it happen?

When e-mails are sent to users who have enabled receiving e-mail for certain categories, topics etc. and a user posts in such category/topic

How do we replicate the issue?

For example:

• in Preferences / Emails enable Email me when I am quoted, replied to, my @username is mentioned, or when there is new activity in my watched categories, tags or topics to always and set some topic to watch.
  • see that you receive e-mails from others that post in that topic
  • post in that topic yourself, and notice you do not receive e-mail

Expected behavior (i.e. solution)

I’d like to receive e-mail for my own posts, so my e-mail archive would be complete and nicely searchable offline.

Somewhat related, if you “Enable mailing list mode” via “click your icon at top right” / “v” / “preferences” / “emails” then you will get all messages, including your own.

1 Like

Ah, but, as I understand it, it will send all (excluding muted categories) posts to e-mail? Not only watched topics/categories? I really only want to follow Croatian category in whole, and few dozen manually watched threads from other categories; not the whole deluge.

It does, yes, hence only “somewhat related” and not really an answer. I use email rules to throw away the ones I’m not interested in.