I tried to use your converter for a map from Slovakia but faced the problem that some letters are not converted especially those which are not part of the us-ascii code set. Do you have any idea how to fix this?
You can replace the codepage number at the top of osm2mp.pl to match your preferred codepage.
Expect a weird conversion when some utf8 symbol is outside of the page range, and blame garmin for not using utf8
Good stuff liosha! Would it be possible to have the option send a parameter to the converter to disable some of the error corrections? I find it useful to use GPSMapEdit to spot errors that aren’t easily found otherwise. Thanks!
A small improvement suggestion, make the .cfg-files support tab. Have been trying to add shop=mall for some time until I finally realised it was the tabstops that screwed it up. Thanks again for a really useful piece of software!!
i’ll implement command-line options in future versions.
this time you can disable features by editing first lines of the script, like my $fixclosenodes = 1;
or just search result .mp for error messages: grep ERROR: file.mp
Trying to setup a correct poi.cfg file. And I’m in desperate need of some clarification. Which POI numbers should I use, it doesn’t make sense to me since there are several numbers for the same POI’s: SCHOOL can be defined as both 0x6410 and 0x2C05. I have a faint memory of reading a webpage somewhere stating that you should avoid using certain number-ranges due to compatibility issues. So what numbers should I use to define POI’s?
If someone could clarify this for me I would greatly appreciate it!
Really nice script.
I noticed one bug in the newest version though(An old version I used before did it correctly), some roads where getting random “no bicycle, no car, no etc…” tags
I solved this problem by changing
Hi Liosha, and thank you for the great job you do on routed maps.
You are using Template.pm module since few days. And when I run osm2mp (v0.60r19) it fails on Template.pm
Can’t locate Template.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/site/lib C:/Perl/lib .) at F:\David\OSM\Tools\osm2mp_v060r19\osm2mp.pl line 66.
BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at F:\David\OSM\Tools\osm2mp_v060r19\osm2mp.pl line 66.
first of all “Thank You” for the great script you wrote. I found that --fixclosenodes does not work correctly in all cases as cgpsmapper still detects a couple of too close nodes. As far as I can tell the closenodes() function is implemented correctly. My guess for the cause is that nodes are only checked and corrected in pairs: Assume that node 1 is too close to both node 2 and node 3. First the distance to node 2 ist corrected and then the distance to node 3. The second correction might push node 1 closer to node 2 again.
As a workaround I tried to execute the correction repeatedly in order to slowly push all conflicting nodes further apart until everything is fixed. However, it seems that this does not work. Either it converges only very slowly or certain node constellations are cycled through in a circular way. Unfortunately, I am not very good at perl so that I can’t try anything more sophisticated.