OpenStreetMap is participating in Google Summer of Code 2024

OSM has been accepted as a mentoring organization for this year’s Google Summer of Code, a global program that offers students and new open source developers stipends to write code for open source software projects.

If you’re interested in participating, visit our Google Summer of Code 2024 wiki page with guidance on what we like to see in applications. You can pick from our list of project ideas or come up your own idea related to one of the many open source projects in the OpenStreetMap ecosystem.

Applications will open in mid-March and will be submitted through Google’s official GSoC website, but we encourage you to reach out and start your preparations early – especially if you have a custom project idea.

9 Likes

I created once a room in matrix for GSOC - #osm-gsoc:matrix.org (with this link you should be able to preview and read the channel in the browser without a account). The room is bridged with the IRC-Channel as well ( i think its #osm-gsoc as well?)

I updated the link in the room-description.

Quick reminder that GSoC contributor applications will close tomorrow. No submissions or changes will be possible after that deadline, so make sure that all applications are in great shape by then!