Open map notes in Slovenia

There are 3,600 map notes in Slovenia, some 300 of which are currently still open.

Most of them can be resolved rather easily.

Anyone willing to help clean up the Slovenia map?

Everybody can do this. Plus, it is an excellent way to learn about the diversity of information contained in OSM and how to map it.

Simply click on the note ID and try to solve it. If you can’t, then just pick the next one.

Cheers and happy mapping!

2 Likes

I’ve been doing it whenever I can but it would be good if there were more of us.

2 Likes

Here, I’ve solved a few dozen too, I hope it helps and encourages others to solve a few too!
(Now back to solving almost ~2k Croatian open notes :open_mouth: )

Hint: it would be good, when people add/update objects from notes, that they add check_date=* on the edited object with a date from the note.
That way, when for example tourism=guest_house is created from a note dating from e.g. 2017-06-10, it will be useful information (because edit date of the object would be todays from 2023, and that guest house might have disappeared since 2017)

1 Like

Hint: it would be good, when people add/update objects from notes, that they add check_date=* on the edited object with a date from the note.

Good point!

Hi,

My name is Marjan and I work for TomTom. Would it be helpful if our organized editing team resolved some of these notes? We checked a subset of the notes and think that some can be solved by remote mappers. If it’s okay with you, I can ask my team to get started.

Marjan

2 Likes

Sure, by all means!

1 Like

We’re down below 200 !!

We’re down to ~30 unresolved notes which puts Slovenia into the top 5 countries in terms of closed/open notes ratio. (click on the header C/O Ratio here)

Thanks a lot to everyone how helped cleaning this up, especially @Matija_Nalis .

Help in addressing future incoming notes in order to keep Slovenia clean is of course much welcome. And I guess Matija wouldn’t mind if the Slovenia community helps out a bit in cleaning up notes in Croatia.

1 Like