On Friday 3rd of February 2012 between 11:30 and 13:00 (GMT / UTC) the
primary database server will unavailable due to planned maintenance.
The following services WILL be affected:
www.openstreetmap.org web site will not allow user login or edits
- API and map database editing (using JOSM, Merkaartor etc.) will be
planet.openstreetmap.org will be available but no new diffs will be
generated during the outage.
- Forum (no logins) [ http://wiki.openstreetmap.org ]
- trac (bug-tracker) [ http://wiki.openstreetmap.org ]
- help.openstreetmap.org (no logins)
Other services will NOT be affected - all of the following are
expected to function normally:
- tile serving (“View The Map” & “Export”)
- Wiki http://wiki.openstreetmap.org
- Nominatim (search)
- mailing lists
- subversion and git (source code repositories)
Technical: Server Smaug: BIOS Update (to enable PCI-E 256 byte
payload), RAID Controller PCI-E slot re-location and potential rack
move. Server ramoth is being racked.
1: Maps will still be viewable on the openstreetmap.org homepage and
on other people’s websites.
On behalf of the OpenStreetMap sysadmin team.