Norway - Fix Building and Highway Intersections

Hello OSM Norway,

I would like to share a MapRoulette challenge in Norway, specifically focused on fixing building and highway intersections. You can find the challenge here: Norway - Fix Building and Highway Intersections (MapRoulette).

Our team at TomTom has been diligently conducting spatial analysis, and during our study of highway and buildings features available in OSM, we discovered instances where buildings might be intersecting with a highway/road. The goal of this challenge is to identify and rectify any such situations, ensuring accurate map and data representation by utilizing reliable sources. It’s important to note that, as with any spatial analysis, there might be some false positives. If you come across a task that you believe is not a valid issue based on your knowledge, we kindly request you to mark it as “Not an issue.”

There are only 500 tasks in this challenge. If you have any inquiries, remarks, or questions, please don’t hesitate to reply to this post/mail or send me a direct message.

For more detailed information, you can refer to the Norway GitHub page (Norway | Data Improvements · Issue #15 · tomtom-international/open-data · GitHub) or visit the MapRoulette challenge page.

Wishing you a happy weekend and enjoyable editing!
Salim, TomTom

1 Like

Hello OSM Norway,

I would like to inform you on the inclusion of 500 new tasks in the Norway - Fix Building and Highway Intersections project. Your review and potential resolution of these tasks would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, and I hope that this challenge contributes significantly to enhancing the map’s quality.

Best regards,
Salim, TomTom