MR Challenges: Polygon is Not Closed and Spiky Buildings

Hello, Germany community,

Please forgive my absence of German language.

TomTom recently improved its approach to data improvements through organised editing and have made a number of improvements. We re-engineering our logic and re-wrote our MapRoulette project and challenge descriptions and work instructions as a response to community feedback. Then, we completed an editing project in which we performed an extra round of quality checks on 100% of our edits. This work means that we feel confident about the quality of our data and our challenges.

With that background, I want to share the links to two newly refreshed MapRoulette challenges for editing “polygon is not closed” and" spiky buildings".

“Polygon is not Closed” - MapRoulette
“Spiky Buildings” - MapRoulette

Please let us know if you have any concerns or feedback–and happy editing!

Courtney W.

3 Likes

Hey Courtney,
It would be great if you would make use of the capability MapRoulette has to pre-fill the changes comment. Right now it only gives the MapRoulette challenge link:

You can add this under “Changes Description” in the Challenge settings. It could say something simply like “Resolve spiky building”.

The mapper can of course always still change this by manually editing the comment.

1 Like

I have already passed this on to the team. Thanks for this!

Courtney