Mechanical edit candidate: roof:shape typos

While I do not plan to carry out a mechanical edit myself, I wonder if roof:shape is a possible candidate for cleaning up “obvious” typos.

Here is what I found going through the ~1000 values used, only considering the roof shapes defined in Simple 3D Buildings.

roof:shape=gabled
gabred,gabed,gabeled,gable,Gable,gablet,gables,gabledq,gabeld,garbled,glabed,gabe,gabbled,gabledconotoxin,garbed,gabledr,gabledb,gabl,galbed,gabled¨,gabledy<,galbled,gableds,gabked,gabledqq,gabledwW,Gabled,gabledm,gableled,gabbed,grablet,glabbed,ggabled,gabletd,gabledh,gabledc,gabledg,gabled_,gabled.,gabledv,gabledx,gapled,`gabled,gabledrrr,gabledr,gabledm,GABLED,Gabel,gab
roof:shape=pyramidal
pyramidial,pyramid,piramyd,piramidal,pyramide,pyramidical,ppyramidal,pyrimidal,pyramical,pyramdial,pyamidal,pyramedial,piramid,pryamidal,=pyramidical,Pyramidal,pyramidalw,pyramdal,pyrmaidal,piramydal,paramidal 
roof:shape=skillion
skilion,skillon,sjkillion,skiilion,Skillion,skilllion,skilliton,skiliton,skiloon
roof:shape=flat
falt,Flat,flate,fla,fllat,fkat,flay,Fat
roof:shape=hipped
hypped,Hipped,hippped,HIPPED,hippedw,hipeed,hyped
roof:shape=mansard
masnsard,mamsard,manshard
roof:shape=gambrel
grambel,gimbrel,gaambrel,gambrell,gamrel
roof:shape=half-hipped
half_hipped,halfhipped
roof:shape=butterfly
butterfly_roof,butteryfly
roof:shape=sawtooth
saw-tooth,sawt,saw_tooth
roof:shape=round
roundm
roof:shape=cone
conical
roof:shape=side_hipped
side-hipped
roof:shape=hipped-and-gabled
ipped-and-gabled,hipped_and_gabled,hip_and_gabled
7 Likes

Obligatory mechanical edit warning: Do not attempt large scale edits without knowing exactly what you are doing.

(for instance, have you already considered limiting this to only objects with building and building:part? And that’s not the only consideration you have to take!)

2 Likes

I would skip some less obvious ones like this, but in general looks like a good idea.

2 Likes

Yeah, some pruning should make it safer.
garbled,gables,gabledconotoxin,gab,Fat,conical

Are you scanning Taginfo and using something like Levenshtein distance for this? I considered doing this after manually cleaning up similar typos in the waterway= tag.

Taginfo by visual inspection.

2 Likes