Massenedit: mast:type -->tower:type disskutiert und abgesprochen?

Hallo zusammen,

neuer Massenedit, selbes Problem,

Zur Zeit finden/ fanden weltweit Massenedits von mast:type → tower:type statt.

Den kompletten Umfang kann ich nicht überblicken, da es weltweit kleinere und auch größere CS des betreffenden Users gab. Das CS, wo ich aufmerksam wurde:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/131750948

Für mich das selbe Spiel! War dieser Massenedit abgesprochen und genehmigt?
Ist die Datenlöschung die dabei stattfindet, genehmigt?

Siehe CS-Kommentar im verlinkten CS:

I also deleted the tag mast:type=column because I couldn’t think of an appropriate substitute tag.

Auch hier: für mich ist hier ein kompletter Revert nötig und dem User gehört auf die Finger geklopft!

Sven

[Edit] DWG zur Prüfung eingeschaltet[/Edit]

1 Like

Sven,

I apologize for not discussing the mass edits in Germany and UK before publishing. I’ll be happy to have discussion before editing these objects.

Other edits on smaller scale I have reviewed with my eyes. I am not mass editing on these changesets.

-SherbetS

Yes, it is, even in the way you do it, it’s a mass edit!

Automated edits and semi-automated edits (sometimes called mechanical edits ) are changes made to OpenStreetMap content with no or very limited human oversight

This definition is not applicable to changesets where I reviewed the objects manually to use the correct tagging.

-SherbetS

Den Massenedit möchte ich nicht beurteilen, ich bin nur der Meinung, dass ein highway=speed_camera kein zusätzliches man_made=mast benötigt.

Vermutlich wurde es nur hinzugefügt um ein Rendern auf der Standardmap zu erzwingen.

1 Like

Richtig, ich kann diese Massenedits der letzten Tage auch nicht beurteilen.

@SherbetS und das glaube ich ihm eben nicht! ich kann mir beim besten Willen nicht vorstellen, daß:

reviewed the objects manually

heißt für mich, daß ich mich Vor Ort überzeugt habe, was richtig ist.

Alles andere sind für mich automatisch und semiautomatische Edits.

Das betrifft für mich alle seine kleineren und größeren Changesets in diesem Zusammenhang…

Sven

Sven,

The changeset you linked was not what I was referring to when I was referring to changesets where I reviewed the objects.

-SherbetS

1 Like

This definition is not applicable to changesets where I reviewed the objects manually to use the correct tagging.

there is no simple answer about „correct“ tagging, the tags in OpenStreetMap are often evolving through usage (by many) and when you perform mass edits you are breaking or at least distorting this process.

3 Likes

Not going to go into the details of this specific case, but requiring in-person surveys for all edits is a bit over the top. A large majority of OSM edits wouldn’t pass that bar. Targeted editing of specific features also doesn’t necessarily mean automated edits.

targeted edits ≠ bulk edits ≠ automated edits

Of course there’s often a big overlap between these categories. That’s when potential issues arise.

6 Likes