Mapping missing postcodes in the UK

This helpful tool from Robert Whittaker shows that currently only 25% of postcodes in the UK have been mapped. We have been making progress, but it is slow.

I like using MapRoulette to track progress and easily give me a random “task” to do. And so I have made a challenge for the missing postcodes in my area:

https://maproulette.org/browse/challenges/42555

I have compared current taginfo stats with Code-Point Open to find the postcodes that have not been mapped yet, and so can easily do the same for any other area. (The size limit for a challenge is 50 000 tasks and with 1 262 429 missing postcodes, that’s clearly too much for one).

Let me know which postcode area you want a challenge for and I can make it and share a link here.

As noted in the task instructions, consider using the NSUL postcode overlay to see postcodes for all buildings/UPRNs around and then you can add the appropriate postcode to all nearby addresses.

Also let me know if you think the challenge description or task instructions could be improved.

3 Likes

Glad to see you using the NSUL postcode layer. My thanks to Mapbox for continuing to support the cost of this layer. :star_struck:

1 Like

It’s great. Have you been updating it? I’m wondering if it’s the layer or the NSUL data that is missing some new developments I’ve come across.