Mapping in Faro - locals check my changeset?

(I’m sorry, but I don’t speak Portuguese language. Hope it’s not too annoying for you)
Hi there, while I visited Portugal (again), I not only had a great time, but love to add some details to the city of Faro.
I already started with mapping buildings and details at praya de faro and would like to ask, if anybody with local or at least PT experience could please just check my changeset?
This would avoid any other mapping mistakes if I continue to the city area itself.

Some of my thoughts & troubles are very specific:

• Are PT pedestrian crossings tactile by default? (they seem to be most often bumpers and raised white stripes)
  • How do palms look like on aerial imagery? (hard for me to determine if it’s
  • Is there any better aerial imagery as there seem to be a import / cooperation with the public cadastre PT (survey points)? - Bing, Mapbox, … look ok but resolution and timespan is not superb

In the next days I would like to add some more details like 3D mapping and micromapping. But maybe you have some more tips what I can consider or what to avoid :wink:

P.S: PT is so lovely land & has so friendly people :smile:

Hello, _i .
Welcome to Portugal and thank you for your message.

Although I can’t confirm everything you did, because I don’t know the area, I took a quick look at your changeset and everything seems ok.
The exception is this brownfield, which is connected to the road. Normally, landuse should not be connected to highways, admin limits, rivers, etc.

I hope you enjoy your stay, and if you can contribute to better our beloved map while you’re here, even better!

Regards,
António Madeira.

1 Like

Forgot to answer your questions:

• Pedestrian crossings are not tactile by default. You need to add the adequate tag wherever needed.
  • The best imagery is Orthophotos of mainland Portugal - 25cm - 2018 (DGT), although you can also use others (Bing, ESRI, etc.) to check some other elements. The iD editor has the best layers available at the moment, although you can also add/activate them with JOSM.

Thank you for the details. Indeed Iam already back in DE :smile: but will use my memories and photos for some more details :wink: