Map Note Madness

I’ve used OSM for at least 10 tears - I’ve forgotten how long - and once made a few contributions to stony footpaths in a S. France mountain village. Since then, I have often turned to OSM for various places. Now I live in Amsterdam.
The recent problem is that the map of Amsterdam and cities all over the world are suddenly smothered with angry red-cross teardrops that apparently convey no useful information and won’t go away. I first noticed them recently and it took me some time to figure out that they would only disappear if I clicked on the Layers menu icon AND un-ticked the Map Notes option which had somehow appeared. Shouldn’t there at least be a general-purpose reset icon in the menu?
If it’s relevant, I’m using OSM in FireFox. Would it help to add a print-screen sample (I’m not sure how)?

It’s probably because somebody send you osm link with active notes layer. (Or you have clicked on a link with active notes layer) So each time when you returned, note layer was automatically active.

So if you click this link it will open osm with note layer

If you close tab and then visit osm website again note layer would be still active.

So new users automatically do not see note layer, just after clicking on link with this layer active.

2 Likes

1 Like