Like icon fire too fast on mobile

Yes, we should. However, instead of individual users raising upstream issues and feature requests in some discourse channel I would prefer to discuss those topics here in a first step. If it turns out to be a concern for a significant part of the OSM community an upstream issue report or feature request should not be made by individuals but on behalf of the OSM community.

1 Like

How does a user see what they have previously “liked”, so that they can review what was intentional and what was not?

Example:

I’m not sure what you’re trying to link to there, but that wasn’t it.

Looking at it again, a partial answer seems to be:

• Right click on your initial at the top right and open in a new browser tab.
  • Select “Activity” from the words shown left-right. Although they don’t look like it, these are actually tabs.
  • Select “Likes” from the vertical list shown at the left. Although they don’t look like it, these are actually tabs.

There is then a list (at the right) of posts. Below that is a symbol and what seems to be my initial in a coloured circle. The symbol does not match the reaction I made; however.

1 Like

For me is linking your previously liked messages

https://community.openstreetmap.org/u/YOURUSERNAMEHERE/activity/likes-given

It’s also an issue on my phone - Android 12 + Samsung Internet Browser

Same behaviour on my phone.

Nothing happens.

My current quick fix is, to browse logged out (safe option) or be careful to swipe on the left side only.

Release notes for Discourse 3.0 just dropped. Discourse Version 3.0 - #3 by nat - releases - Discourse Meta

1 Like

I still having the issue with accidentely setting the thumbs up reaction when scrolling a topic on the mobile phone.

On some posts the selection box is appearing but on other posts the reaction is set immediately.

This is annoying because I dont want to set a thumbsup for a post which I dont like.

4 Likes

die Auswahlbox erscheint nur, wenn man etwas lÀnger mit dem Daumen auf dem like-button bleibt.

Einfach noch einmal drauf tippen, dann ist er wieder weg.

When does the recipient of the Thumbs up get a notification about it? Is there some sort of delay? Because I don’t want to take away an accidentally set Thumbs up if the recipient has already received a notification about it.

1 Like

Klar, das mache ich auch, wenn ich den rot leuchtenden Daumen sehe. Das Problem ist doch, dass man das versehentliche Liken in der Regel gar nicht bemerkt.

1 Like

On mobile I keep accidentally hitting the thumbs up button for random posts while I’m scrolling through discussions because it’s in the perfect location right off center with the middle of the screen to be where my thumb is when I touch the phone. I guess I could just scroll with my nondominate hand or something, but that just seems like a weird around. Plus the button is in a bad location anyway. So would it be possible to make people on mobile have to do double tap to be activate the button or if not just move the option to somewhere else?

6 Likes

Ich hab letztens versehentlich einen open-mouth smilie gesetzt, und dann entschlossen ihn zu lassen da er halbwegs passte. :smile:

This seems to be fixed for me on my Android device. Are others still seeing it? I still occasionally tap the wrong button, but that’s clumsiness rather than any kind of bug.

"likes "accidentally touched

When I scroll on the smartphone with my thumb.
I do accidentally put a “like” without realising it. This is the major problem.

How can I delete them, after seeing them in the “activity” list “Likes”?
When it does not work pushing/klicking on the “hearth” again to unset it. When I see it directly on the smartphone.
Even after a few days or months.

This doesn’t happen to me on the PC.
How to disable this on the smartphone for the same account?

2 Likes

Think to remember same was observed a month or two ago proposing to relocate the icon. Specially since the like buttons are near bottom where my phone navi buttons are I’d vote for a little reorg.

1 Like

Thanks, 

It is about setting a like, or on a smartphone it should have some kind of conformation to set the " like ".
That your attention is immediately drawn to it. Always, only give the popup modus for setting, clicking, one of the like types. Then there is no need for relocation.
On PC it is the “move over” function “Like this post”, that gives the popup.
This dirtecty clicking and set should be set of.

image: from post above, PC “move over”
afbeelding

directly clicked, not a click in the popup menu, set a like.
image: from post above
afbeelding

This gives a “thump up” on the PC,

image: from post above
afbeelding

Too late after noticing it, that you set a like on the smartphone.
image: from older post that is liked accindently.

afbeelding

ALSO: A other problem

At the activity list a unwanted smartphone “like” click.
give there a “hearth”, that is confusing because on the post it is a “thumb up” visible, this should be the same as what is set.
image: activity “likes” list

afbeelding

Image: post
afbeelding

This issue already has been discussed:

1 Like

All the buttons in this toolbar are too easy to tap when scrolling through on a mobile device. At least the Like button is reversible and the Flag and Bookmark buttons ask you for confirmation, but the Delete button on your own post immediately deletes the post; undoing that change leaves behind misleading edit markers and notifies whoever you had replied to that you’ve replied to them again. It’s especially challenging on long threads, where Discourse’s UI tends to jump around.

2 Likes

Apparently only for a certain time period, which is less then optimal to say the least.

2 Likes