Labdien, dear Latvian OSM passionates
Eastern Latvia (Latgalia) needs us badly! It would be great if you guys could help me.
Sorry to write in English, but I know only a few words in Latvian (I do understand quite a bit of words because I speak quite a bit of Lithuanian)
I had started this discussion on my diary: https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Jay%20May/diary/41982 but it would be nice if we discuss it here.
Those territories are a total OSM leftover and really require a lot of work.
What is usually wrong?
**- Roads drawn where they don’t exist (or the opposite)
- Non existing sharp curves, roads drawn as straigtht while being curvy.
- Main dirt roads shown as single forest/field road, and the opposite.
- Roads to possessions shown as main roads or not shown at all.
*B)NAME= FILLED IN OTHER LANGUAGES THAN LATVIAN, OR WITHOUT LATVIAN CHARACTERS:
**- Name mistakes (recently corrected, for instance, Goliševa - someone had written Golyševa),
- Infrastructure main names (border checkpoints, etc.) written in other languages than Latvian on the name:* tag (Russian or English usually that should be moved to from the name tag to name:en and name:ru, etc.)…
- Lots of places without any name=* tag.
**C) MISSING DATA: **- Rivers, canals, bridges etc. not drawn at all.
You won’t get bored anytime soon if we start taking care of those beautiful regions
I keep trying to “repair” that region, but I can’t do everything all alone. So I count on you
Btw, I wanted to ask our Latvian users: is it possible to use http://karte.zl.lv/ as a source? It is based on … OSM