[JOSM] Is the Windows installer now 64-bits only?

Hello,

I didn’t see this in the changelog.

Do you confirm the Windows packager for JOSM version 18193 no longer runs on 32-bit Windows (“The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you’re running. Check your computer’s system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.”)?

Thank you.

@Shohreh
I cannot answer your question but I have an observation to add that might help others. When I installed v 18193 on my Win10 laptop I noticed that it installed in a different folder. The older versions installed into a folder where the 32-bit versions of software belong, that is, C:\Program Files (x86)\JOSM. This new version installed into C:\Users\Alask\AppData\Local\JOSM\

My issue is that the old version wasn’t uninstalled so now I have two distinct versions on my computer, a 32-bit one and a 64-bit one. I have been reluctant to uninstall the 32-bit version for fear I would lose my preferences. I have a ton of custom presets and menu items that would be painful to reconfigure if lost.

Apologies, I’m not trying to hijack your thread but I am curious to see if any JOSM maintainers will step up to answer your question, and while they’re at it, clarify the entire issue.

Cheers,

Dave

I’ve no idea about the installer, but JOSM is a java program. There is no special version for 32bit or 64bit Java run times and for sure it will not use other other configuration files.