JOSM 19017: Java-Meldung

Hallo zusammen,

ich hab eben JOSM auf Version 19017 gehoben. Beil Start bekam ich nun folgende Meldung:

Win 11; JOSM-Start per *.bat: java -jar -Xmx4G E:\Daten\gis\OSM_Erfassung\josm-tested.jar >E:\Daten\josm_start.txt

Java: Eclipse Adoptium: jdk-17.0.7.7-hotspot

Ideen?
Ist das relevant??

Danke,

Sven

Siehe:

Meine Meinung dazu:

tldr: ja solltest du setzen wenn du josm direkt aufrufst und nicht ĂĽber einen der upstream runners (die setzen die argumente schon per-default), wenn nicht kann es vorkommen dass josm crasht.

Die josm devs haben regelmäßig crash reports bekommen weil Leute in custom startup scripts die Argumente nicht gesetzt haben.

Nach Hinzufügen der Argumente in meinem Start Script war der Spuk vorbei …

Den Inhalt meiner Start-Datei “josm.bat” hab ich Eingangs geschrieben… das Angemeckerte hab ich mal meiner *.bat hinzugefügt… brachte nichts… Meldung kommt weiter…

An der Stelle bin ich ein Dummi… Ich kann zwar viel, aber nicht alles…

Was muĂź ich tun, das die Meldung verschwindet?

Danke,

Sven

Entweder:

• nichts und die checkbox “nicht wieder zeigen” (oder so ähnlich) anklicken oder
  • in die *.bat java --add-exports … -jar -Xmx4G… eintragen

Hast du alles in eine Zeile geschrieben? Also so:
java --add-exports=java.base/sun.security.action=ALL-UNNAMED --add-exports=java.desktop/com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg=ALL-UNNAMED --add-exports=java.desktop/com.sun.imageio.spi=ALL-UNNAMED -jar Pfad\zum\josm-tested.jar

Hoffe, dass das als eine Zeile wiedergegeben wird.

Ah… das hatte ich nicht probiert, das an den Anfang zu setzen… ich probiere nachher mal. Bin im Moment unterwegs

Sven

Es sind halt JVM-Argumente. Mit java … startest Du die JVM und -jar josm-tested.jar … sagt der JVM, wo die ausführbare Datei zu suchen ist (nämlich in der *.jar Datei)

Jo. das war es! Dickes Danke!

1:1 - Kope meiner *.bat-Datei: Mit

java --add-exports=java.base/sun.security.action=ALL-UNNAMED --add-exports=java.desktop/com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg=ALL-UNNAMED --add-exports=java.desktop/com.sun.imageio.spi=ALL-UNNAMED -jar -Xmx4G E:\Daten\gis\OSM_Erfassung\josm-tested.jar >E:\Daten\josm_start.txt

ohne Zeilenumbrüche in meiner *.bat, startet JOSM nun wieder hinreichend fehlerfrei wie vorher…

Nochmals Danke und einen schönen Abend,

Sven

error_JOSM

I too get this same error with 19017.
I’ve told the developers in the bug reporting section, they don’t seem interested at all. I’m happy to carry on using 18969 until a fix arrives.

Now 19039 has the same error message, so again I’ll carry on using 18969
It seems to run just fine, for now at least.

I think if you don’t see problems you might be ok, but the bug may not be easily visible because it only happens in certain circumstances. AFAIK these are warnings that have been put there to make you aware you should add these arguments to your startup line, and will go away when you do so

This is not an error, nor is it a bug. It’s just a warning that your Java environment is not fully set up (and that’s the case as well with your 18969 version, it just does not warn you about this).

Most probably the latest JOSM will work fine anyway if you just tick the “do now show again” option and hit “continue”.

You are free to click away the warning permanently. The risk in this case is not higher than with an older version without the warning. Nothing has changed technically, except that the warning has been added. If you are very careful or encounter problems, you should add the JVM arguments.

Thanks for the advice.
I would be happy to add these, however I have no clue as to how to/where to go about doing this

Check the solution for this thread, it shows what to do.

1 Like

Thank you - did that and with a bit of experimentation I came up with a PowerShell script:

CD "C:/users/user name/desktop"

java --add-exports=java.base/sun.security.action=ALL-UNNAMED --add-exports=java.desktop/com.sun.imageio.plugins.jpeg=ALL-UNNAMED --add-exports=java.desktop/com.sun.imageio.spi=ALL-UNNAMED -jar josm-tested.jar

This seems to work for me. Please tell me if I’m doing something wrong. Before this I simply double clicked the josm-tested.jar file to start JOSM

Once more: You are perfectly free to keep this simple click. Technically, nothing has changed. Only thing is you are now getting a warning about a situation that existed before as well, just without warning you about it.

1 Like

That’s fine.

Some more usefull options:

• -Xmx6g (use 6 gig memory max. instead of the default 4 GB)
  • -Dsun.java2d.uiScale=1.25 (usefull on hiDPI screens)
1 Like

This is true, but if you get an IllegalAccessError, it is highly likely we will just close your ticket and ask you to add the startup arguments we show in that dialog.

As an alternative, you could just use the MSI or EXE installers.