Is there a tag or way of marking stores that have a student discount?

Is there a way to mark stores that have a student discount? I.e. A particular grocery store offers 10% off on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This would be a similar idea to a senior’s discount.

There are 34 discount:students | Keys | OpenStreetMap Taginfo usable. Although there is a collision with the slightly more numerous 103 discount:citycard | Keys | OpenStreetMap Taginfo , it might be eg payment:citycard:discount= instead.

I just had a quick look in the wiki. There seems to be fuel:discount=* for discount programs of fuel stations. The wiki page is not very inforamtive and I don’t think it went through an approval process.

I am not realy sure about mapping discount systems at all. Because knowing about a discount does not help you if you do not know the “normal” price. An offer without a discount may be cheaper than another one even with a discount. So there is not realy a useful information in something like store_offers_student_discount=yes or something similar. If you visit the store you will see which products they offer to you at which price.

2 Likes