Is there a need for a tagging-only space?

Reading through all comment and since we are talking about an English-speaking space where the current volume of topics is already high, I propose:

• To create a Tagging subcategory to the #general category to host any tagging conversations, discussions, RFC…
  • To create a Tagging subcategory to the #help-and-support to host only questions or request for help using/managing tags.

This is to avoid splitting the help and support in English into other categories people might not find, and to be able to enable the solved plugin in this subcategory (that won’t be possible with a single category for everything).

Ideally 3 people should volunteer to moderate these tagging spaces, but since right now they rely on English-speaking global moderators we don’t need to block the creation because it’s already happening this way.

Identifying the most active people in these categories to propose them for moderator roles in the future would be a highly recommended.

1 Like

Sounds like a good proposal. Let’s see how this works out.

I’d like to suggest two different (Discourse-forum-)tags for questions like “how to tag”, i.e. use of existing (OSM-)tags and discussion about new tagging ideas which don’t yet fit into the proposal or rfc categories. “how-to-tag” and “tagging” would be my suggestions.

I’m happy to put my hand up as a potential moderator.

I am active on both the tagging mailing list, talk-au mailing list and discord channel.

1 Like

Now we have two new subcategories

Both have new topics by email enabled.

Cheers.

8 Likes