Integration of OSM data into a WordPress-site

Good day dear experts

i am currently working on a solution: some first steps into the technique of OpenStreetMap i have made:

i allready was working with the languages like PHP / Perl and of course Python i am working on the API-endpoint with requests …
osmconvert and osmfilter
Overpass-API and Overpass-Turbo-API
working on the planet file
– at the API-Endpoint with PHP, Perl, Python
– PostGIS and of course osmosis – the OpenStreetMap – swiss army tool.

now i have seen a interesting dataset like healthsites.io_ this is pretty cool: this is just outstanding and great!

i work for an organization that contributes to volunteering opportunities especially in the field of education and medicine (hospital, clinic etc. etx). peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. Volunteerism – in general – is a powerful means of engaging people in tackling development challenges, and it can transform the the engagement of a single volunteer. Volunteerism benefits both society at large and – besides that- the individual volunteer by strengthening trust, solidarity and reciprocity among citizens, and by purposefully creating opportunities for participation. At the moment we re thinking about doing some first steps with the great dataset of healthsites.

– regarding healthsites this is the most important link: Healthsites API Version 3
Means there is an API to get the data from with a personal API key …: note: with this – i should be able to put the data on a website

e.g. to a mapping plugins of wordpress. there some of them working with openStreetmap – see for example: Suchergebnisse für „map“ | WordPress.org Deutsch
they are equipped with a whole lot of top notch and very advanced features so we do not need to manually embedded map.
In addition to single or multiple locations, interactive map plugins provide:

– were able to add – Custom icons and markers
– Animations
– Filter and search options
– Clusterization
– Zooming and panning
– pinning the map to a block
– using the data that comes shipped with the map.

question : can we run and apply the data from the Open data collaboration https://healthsites.io in wordpress

look forward to hear from you

answer : yes
I answer that because we can do almost everything with wordpress :wink: but I cannot help you more beacause I don’t understand how you want to use theses datas, OSM, wordpress and the 3 together.

can you give example of use ?
for the add of custom icon or marker, is that not better to add datas on OSM and use your website only to display theses datas ?

1 Like