Inserting multiple POI's by a file

Although I’m working over 15 years with digital map data I’m pretty new to OSM.:confused:

What I consider as real good and useful idea are the information in Open Fire Maps. Unfortunately the hydrants in our village are not in. If I get the data from the municipal administration, is there a way to create a XML or CSV (maybe also Json, but there I’m not really familiar with yet)-file to import all hydrants at once?
Where do I find a description how to indicate (in this case) that it’s an upper or lower version and which diameter it has?

Hello TDiger.
Please follow the Import Guidelines https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines

Yes, there are many ways for mass imports, but I think the article above explains general guidelines and is not a technical how-to. (Do we have a technical import / bot guide?)

The hydrant Wiki Page seems to have a documentation for diameter.

I don’t know what “lower and upper versions” mean, but generally in OSM, you should search the Wiki and TagInfo to see if / how others already tag this. If there are no existing tags for it, you can create your own tag and you should document it in the Wiki, See Any_tags_you_like. Prior discussion (typically at the tagging mailing list) is recommended.

I think he is looking for fire_hydrant:type=underground/pillar/wall/pond