Hungary map errors

Hi everyone, I downloaded Hungary.osm.bz2 file, uzipped it and after meticulous analysis, I found a few errors in it. For example, relation with id=301805 includes (among others) also way with id=174003768, but way with this id is not specified in the file and this relation cannot be painted properly, if only the Hungary map is used, which is very unfortunate. Is there any way to overcome this? Can we expect these bugs to be fixed?

Additional info: relation 301805 defines a part of Danube river, when it crosses from Hungary to Serbia. I suspect that nodes, which are located in Serbia (and ways consisting of those nodes), don’t get included in Hungary map, although I feel they should, since they are referenced by one or more relations.

I would suggest that you mention this problem to whoever it was that you downloaded Hungary.osm.bz2 from.

That is completely normal with cutouts. You can expect missing elements at the borders, it is not “an error”. You can use neighbouring cutouts if you need these elements, or rather ignore them.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I’m the one who has personally mapped over 80% of landcover and other objects along the Hungary-Serbia border. And I’m a stickler for separating areas along country borders (exactly for the purpose of clean country downloads), so at least for that border I’d expect the number of cutouts to be minimal.

After some inspection, I’ve just separated farmland and forest multipolygons in the Bácsalmás-Bajmok area that were still sharing ways.

As for the relation 301805, it is the Danube’s water area, and only some 0.0001% of it cross the Hungarian border, so I’m disinclined to do anything.

I have separated a few myself along the borders, but I usually avoid touching very large objects because a change causes a lot of ripples and breaks in unexpected places. Especially cut rivers (riverbeds and river areas) are often cause nasty rendering artifacts.

(Yes, this is a 2015 post from the old messaging system, no point to respond to the original author, but it is useful to be informative for the future readers.)

1:0 for you, then. :upside_down_face: I did not realize I was replying to a necropost. For what it’s worth, it made me revisit those boundaries and make the map somewhat better.