How would I go about proposing adding the Rapid Editor to the OSM website?

This is NOT a forum post proposing to add the Rapid Editor to the OpenStreetMap website. Therefore, please save your comments about this proposition for where it will actually be proposed.

Where should I start a discussion and proposal about adding the Rapid Editor to the OpenStreetMap website?

I was thinking a wiki page might be suitable as it would allow for a stable proposition page and a discussion page with separated topics - which is much better than the single-thread discussion environment you get like with the previous GitHub issue discussion about this topic and would allow for the community to vote on the proposal.

However, I just want to make sure that such a proposal on the wiki would be recognized by the website maintainers and/or OSMF board as they are the ones who control the website. How the proposal is conducted may be of interest to them as well.

Let me know your thoughts. :slight_smile:

Also, just saw Proposal - OSM.org Editor Inclusion Policy which looks like it’s still in draft and looks like the Operations Working Group will evaluate the request.

Buttt the policy doesn’t exactly mention how we reach out to the OWG to make this request so maybe that should be included in the policy @Firefishy ?

We already have a request to add it which is what prompted us to propose the policy so that we have a framework to use to evaluate the request.

8 Likes