How to tag a permanent bug control trap

Do we have something for “bugs control trap”?
Screenshot from 2022-09-14 18-12-40

I only find for larger animals
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made%3Danimal_trap

It’s not temporary, it’s maintained in the same position for years, for the study of the pine processionary

I have tried unsuccessfully to find something like this:

man_made=bug_trap
bug_trap:for=pine_processionary
1 Like

As permanent bug traps are rare I would suggest to add also

note=It’s not temporary, it’s maintained in the same position for years, for the study of the pine processionary

Many research traps are permanent, but not very obvious.

Operating a trap in the same location over many years has some strong advantages in providing good statistical data. There is a network of suction traps across the UK co-ordinated by Rothampstead which serve to monitor aphid populations (and incidentally other aerial insects). Many sites operate permanent light traps for monitoring moth populations (e.g., museums, research stations etc.). There are also likely to be permanent Malaise traps. The common factor is that these are not necessarily very robust & therefore are likely to be sited in areas less accessible to the public.

Note that orchards and other crop sites may operate permanent pheromone lures/traps which look like little bits of cardboard with a sticky surface.

Personally I don’t see why animal_trap cannot be used, with appropriate sub-tagging (there are multiple types of bug, mammal & bird traps anyway).

Thanks for the answers, then maybe a simple

man_made=animal_trap
animal_trap:for=pine_processionary

optional note of the permanent element because it's implicit in animal_trap
note=It’s not temporary, it’s maintained in the same position for years, for the study of the pine processionary

sounds good for now

A few examples: